Assistant Director of Programming (20509)
Job DetailsPosition Type StaffSalary Range $53,546.00 - $53,546.00 Description Please provide a 1-2 page writing sample that demonstrates your ability to teach an audience a new concept, idea, or skill (i.e. training content, course curriculum, handbook, or other training materials that you have previously written) You can upload this in application.Position Summary:Collaborates with the Director Operations and Programming to direct development and initiatives to support the department and UCO strategic plans and priorities including the advancement of UCO’s downtown learning spaces at Santa Fe Plaza and Carnegie Centre. Responsible for the oversight and management of department program development and initiatives. Supervises the delivery of educational programming and production, especially for business incubator (certified small business incubator through the Oklahoma Department of Commerce). Administers and performs ongoing analysis of curriculum, instructors, programming, and enrollment according to the strategic plan of the department. Responsible for writing training content, course curriculum, and training materials for synchronous and asynchronous in-person and online educational programming. Collaborates with other departments, faculty, staff, students, business and community members in order to accomplish department goals.Scope/Supervision:
- Reports to the Director of Operations and Programming
- Responsible for the daily administrative direction and execution of programs
- Assists and consults in developing and recommending policies and strategic planning activities at appropriate levels of the organization. Contributes to project management, planning, and developing goals; Directs administrative/support tasks as needed.
- Responsible for project timelines and budgets, coordinating and allocating resources relevant to assigned area. Communicates guidelines for project and service delivery; Adjusts guidelines and processes to resolve issues or problems.
- Works with subject matter experts and uses source material to write course and training curriculum content for synchronous and asynchronous in-person and online training courses.
- Provides financial analysis of programming measuring fiscal performance against established benchmarks.
- Support client relations and account management strategies for designated learning solutions clients and partnerships. Oversees the monitoring of program participant questions and problems. Creates an environment that supports customer service and problem solving.
- Facilitates and encourages UCO-supported economic growth opportunities and engagement in the OKC Metro, UCO’s downtown learning spaces at Santa Fe Plaza and Carnegie Centre, and in UCO online learning environments by representing the activities of the department on internal and external committees and organizations.
- Oversees program content and curriculum development and production (in-house or partnered) by matching client needs with innovative programming. Gathers and analyzes data to assess need and target markets.
- Directs development and delivery of classes, events, and other programming for the department. Coordinates special course offerings or programs as needed. Recruits, hires, and manages quality instructors for curriculum design and classroom instruction.
- Directs the development and delivery of custom programming and support for business incubator. Responsible for program development, incubator coaching, monitoring and tracking incubator progress. Develops and coordinates events and activities related to program development and enhancements, including but not limited to: trainings, meetings, coaching sessions, and networking events.
- Oversees and evaluates partnerships with third-party Educational Providers. Develops Educational Provider contracts in collaboration with departmental Directors.
- Supervises support staff employees as assigned and evaluates staff performance. Delegates tasks to departmental staff as appropriate. Provides direction on exceptional or ambiguous situations. Promotes effective relationships and departmental culture.
- Assumes responsibility for utilization and programming of related technology services such as registration, learning content, and website development. Manages utilization of course development technology and incubator programming technology. Coordinates the implementation, hosting, creation, and maintenance of content.
- Facilitates engagement in UCO’s downtown learning spaces through classes, events, training, external community partnerships, and internal engagement with faculty and students.
- Oversees client engagement for business incubator.
- Facilitates the successful design, development, and innovation of UCO learning environments both online and in the OKC Metro.
- Facilitates the growth of UCO-provided professional learning offerings (i.e. certificates and micro-credentials). Manages micro-credential and professional certificate offerings using appropriate tools and technology (i.e. Badgr).
- Provides support for departmental accreditation reports and effective compliance with external accreditation requirements as applicable. Coordinates certification/ accreditation reviews in collaboration with departmental staff.
- Some light travel may be required and occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience that provides extensive knowledge of fundamental theories, principles, and concepts.
- Minimum three years of experience in developing and managing education programs.
- Ability to effectively operate in an entrepreneurial environment; able to successfully translate strategic goals into operational plans.
- Microsoft Office Suite required.
- 7+ years of experience with leading planning, including program development and innovation, program prioritization, and assessment.
- Experience with entrepreneurial programming.
- Entrepreneurship Center Management Certification (ECM) from InBIA (International Business Incubator Association).
- Doctorate degree.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with diverse audiences. Proactive and responsive with communication methods.
- Strong writing skills with proven curriculum and training content writing experience (writing samples requested).
- Proven interpersonal, relationship building, and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven project and program management skills.
- Proven organizational and planning skills.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and analytical skills.
- Ability to determine priorities, be self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in a variety of computer applications, including MS Office Suite.
- Strong budgetary skills.
- Strong leadership and team-oriented approach.
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Work environment: Requires valid driver’s license; multiple physical job reporting sites.