Administrative Assistant VI
Job location: Worcester
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-12-14
JOB TITLEAdministrative Assistant VILOCATIONWorcesterDEPARTMENT NAMEMathematical Sciences OperationsDIVISION NAMEWorcester Polytechnic Institute - WPIJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYProvide clerical and administrative support to the department of Mathematical Sciences. The ideal candidate will possess the organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with all levels of personnel. We are looking for a resourceful individual, with good problem-solving skills, organization skills and with the ability to prioritize tasks. We value interest in continuous learning of new competencies to excel at the position and flexibility to work in a team.JOB DESCRIPTION
- Provides support to the Operations Manager for department events, workshops, conferences, student hires, record keeping, overall operations of department office.
- Process expense reports, check requests, maintains budget records, assist in administration of budget and budget planning using all available applications of university software.
- Assist in annual budget coordination; maintains and tracks departmental records and provides support or implementation of department and university administrative policies and procedures.
- Provides administrative assistance associated with sponsored research in accordance with all applicable regulations and policies.
- Assist with departmental hiring procedures, scheduling visits, travel arrangements. Interfaces with Talent & Inclusion to facilitate hiring needs.
- Assist with website content, marketing materials, colloquium, seminar, special lectures, announcements, department news. Assist in updating and maintaining web site content.
- Provides support for faculty meetings, prepares minutes
- Assist in planning and orchestrating events such as colloquiums, seminars, undergraduate and graduate activities, project presentation day, math meet, receptions, etc.
- Receive and work with students, visitors, and faculty to make them feel welcome and to meet their needs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 3- 5 years of experience preferably in higher education.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) and other office productivity software tools.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal and communication skills to work with other staff, faculty, students, co-workers, visitors, and parents.
- Ability to work autonomously and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.