IT Business Analyst
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-12-14
Health Information Technology (HIT) at UVA Medical Center is seeking an IT Business Analyst. The IT Business Analyst will work closely with internal customers and IT leaders to create alignment between the groups in the development and evaluation of project proposals. The incumbent will support multiple facets of IT Governance and Portfolio Management ensuring a transparent and effective process.
- Work collaboratively with customers and IT departments to develop IT solutions for Project Proposals.
- Work with customers to identify project business outcomes, measures, requirements, impacts, and risks.
- Assist customers with the definition of technical and functional requirements of IT projects.
- Working with HIT leaders, determine the level of effort, total costs, barriers, and risks of the project.
- Create deliverables for business leaders to facilitate business decisions around IT.
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards of the project portfolio for leadership review.
- Support the overall process as needed.
- Develop and maintain capacity management tools.
- Support the Project Intake (demand) process.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
Experience: At least 5 years of practical and related experience.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.