Associate Director, Marketing & Strategic Operations
Stdnt Engagement & Career DevDepartment Website Link:Location:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
CUSTOM.POSITION.HIGHLIGHTSDuties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Marketing Strategy & Engagement
- Provides marketing leadership to the department; establishes a vision and executes a personalized, streamlined, and effective digital engagement strategy that maximizes channels and platforms (department website, email, Handshake, social, university systems, etc.) to influence student, faculty, and employer behavior.
- Develops and executes strategies for customizing outreach based on students' personal development and career interests, with attention to different steps in that journey.
- Oversees in-bound and outbound digital communications, and the development, production, and dissemination of marketing and communications collateral to internal and external constituents.
- May conduct market research on the user experience to maximize student, faculty, and employer engagement with the department.
- May collaborate with Senior Directors to identify and execute revenue generating strategies for the department through services provided to employers and other stakeholders.
- Supervises the Marketing & Communications Specialist.
Operations Strategy and Management:
- Collaborates with the Senior Directors of Student Engagement and Career Development to develop and execute an operations strategy in support of SECD's mission, vision, strategic plan, and intended outcomes.
- Evaluates and prioritizes SECD's needs for marketing and administrative support across programs, projects, and events, and allocates resources accordingly.
- Oversees Administrative Services team, directly supervising the Administrative Services Manager and indirectly supervising the other professional staff member and the student employee Front Desk Ambassadors.
- Develops, implements, and refines administrative processes across SECD to ensure efficient and effective office operations.
- Ensures that stakeholders (students, employers, faculty and staff, parents and families, etc.) that outreach to SECD across modalities (in person or through phone, online chat, or email) are greeted warmly and either have their questions answered or receive a warm handoff to the appropriate individual.
- Advises on budget for administration and IT expenditures and personnel; oversees marketing budget.
- Provides leadership of research into technology solutions that enhance student engagement, learning, and operations.
- Provides leadership in technology strategy, policies, plans, architecture, deployment, and maintenance of the department's applications and systems.
- Collaborates with internal and external technology experts to support current policies and processes related to university infrastructure and examine new proposals for enhancements.
- Provides leadership during requirements identification and vendor/system evaluation and selection to meet any technology gaps and maximize the student and employer user experience.
- Maintains knowledge of business process integration of department systems as well as their intersections with broader university systems.
- Supervises the Business Process & Applications Analyst.
- Represents the Department on university committees and at conferences as needed and assigned.
- Participates in at least 2-3 professional development opportunities annually and shares learning with the team, either self initiated or at the request of the Senior Director(s).
- Performs related duties as assigned or required to meet Department and University goals and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills.
- Marketing strategy development and execution, promotional campaign management, and story-telling skills
- Bachelor's degree; AND
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience, including 2 years of managerial experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Masters Degree.Experience in project management.Strong multicultural competency and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Communication and MarketingBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$59,898 - $63,500Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
10Career Stream and Level:
Communications & MarketingType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
12/14/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.