Assistant Professor (TE, T), TCRC (Multiple Hires) College of Medicine-Phoenix
COM Phx Campus AdministrationDepartment Website Link:
Greater Phoenix AreaAddress:
475 N. 5th St., Phoenix, AZ 85004 USAPosition Highlights:
Note: Effective 01/05/2021 this requisition has been updated to reflect the removal of the University Furlough Program.
The Translational Cardiovascular Research Center at the University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix seeks to fill a full-time, 1.0 FTE, faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor (tenure eligible). The successful candidate will dedicate 90% of his/her time towards research and research-related service in the broad area of translational cardiovascular research. Individuals will also be expected to engage in medical education research and academic service.
This faculty appointment will be in the Department of Internal Medicine.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix anchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of the Sun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplary physicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitive scholars. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies the University’s priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy in its world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilities throughout Greater Phoenix.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish an outstanding independent translational cardiovascular research program and publish research results in peer-reviewed journals.
- Develop a continuously, extramurally-funded research program in the field of translational cardiovascular science and medicine.
- Contribute to the success of the research and education missions of the Department and Center.
- Work collaboratively to translate research findings into the development of new therapeutics, devices or approaches for cardiovascular disease.
- Participate in the education of medical and graduate students.
- Work collegially and productively with other scientists and faculty at the College and the University of Arizona.
- Achieve national recognition for research expertise and contributions.
- Contribute to additional educational needs ofthe department and college and contribute to other professional developmentopportunities on campus where relevant.
- A terminal degree, e.g. M.D. and/or Ph.D. in an applicable field of study.
- Post-doctoral research in an applicable field.
- Prior experience with grant and research manuscript writing.
- Prior experience with obtaining research grant funds.
- A record of peer reviewed publications and presentationsat national meetings.
Assistant ProfessorTenure Information:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
AAMC PhD Public Schools for SpecialtyCompensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
2Target Hire Date:
2/22/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
12/14/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter, and Two Additional DocumentsSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety, including uploading the CV. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Biographical Sketch: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable). The Biographical Sketch should not exceed five (5) pages.
Research Statement articulating current and future research plans. The Research Statement should not exceed three (3) pages.
The University of Arizona has currently adopted a remote working environment in accordance with guidelines recommended by the CDC. Until further notice, interviews for this position will be conducted remotely.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.