Director of Admissions (Administrator III)
Enrollment Management Services invites applications for a Director of Admissions to join their team. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management, the Director of Admissions oversees the Office of Admissions by leading the development and implementation of a strategic admissions plan designed to achieve an incoming class that meets our University’s strategic goals of equity, diversity, inclusion, and academic distinction. We seek an innovative, strategic thinker who will help lead the organization to new heights.
The strategic admissions approach will incorporate innovative, data-informed recruitment strategies and initiatives that meld comprehensive market analysis; sophisticated, multi-channel communication strategies to markets within and outside California; lead generation; yield activities; targeted marketing strategies; high quality events and campus visit programs; high school, transfer, international, and non-traditional student recruitment; and efficient and responsive evaluations. The plan will closely align recruitment and marketing strategies with the University’s strategic plan and the Strategic Enrollment Management Plan that is currently under development.
The essential duties of the Director of Admissions include the implementation, evaluation and effectiveness of recruitment and enrollment strategy, consistent data analysis, active management of budget, operations and personnel, and continuous analysis of needs, effectiveness and efficiencies. This position is responsible for initiating the development of admissions policy and making recommendations to the appropriate campus entities. Critical to the overall success is maximizing the use of technology in all operational and strategic aspects of admissions, including our campus CRM.
Successful collaboration with various university constituencies including administration, faculty, students, and external institutions is essential. This includes collaborating on initiatives and providing training/support in areas related to admissions, marketing, and recruitment. Close collaboration with the other enrollment management units, campus partners, university communications and IT is especially important.
This position requires the incumbent to develop a working knowledge and understanding of the broad spectrum of Chico State’s academic programs. It is also expected they build an understanding and familiarity with both the Chico State’s and the California State University’s policies and procedures.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism, including written and oral communication as well as data visualization and presentation
• Advanced computer literacy
• Strong sense of initiative with established record of project management
• Proven experience in team building, as well as working effectively as a team leader
• Experience with planning and executing successful marketing campaigns across multiple channels, including maintaining a strong and positively-regarded digital presence
• Experience with personnel and budget management
• Demonstrated experience with maintaining confidentiality and diplomacy
• Experience with data gathering, analysis and assessment activities
• Proven knowledge of supervisory practices and skills
• Experience with enrollment planning, program development and strategic enrollment management
• Experience leveraging technology to meet enrollment goals
• Experience with innovation and change management
• Competitive salary and management plan benefits included. For details and required application forms for recruitment #VA1349, visit our website: https://jobs.csuchico.edu/ .
Minimum Required Experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Five years of progressively responsible experience
• Knowledge of college or university admissions in a higher education setting
• Master's degree
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft
• Knowledge of Salesforce CRM
• Proven University System experience with policies and procedures
About the University
California State University (CSU), Chico is a comprehensive and residential public university, holding Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) designation and operating as part of the 23-campus CSU system. The University enrolls over 16,000 students from diverse cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds, with over half identifying as first-generation college students. Graduate and undergraduate programs boast high-quality research experiences, exceptional faculty mentoring, and civic and global engagement opportunities. The campus motto, “Today Decides Tomorrow,” is brought to life by inclusive pedagogy, experiential learning, and co-curricular programming. The Chico Experience prepares students to be critical thinkers, engaged citizens, and inspired stewards of environmental, social, and economic resources. Together, they will become leaders solving the challenges of the 21st century.
The campus is located in Northern California, 90 minutes from the state capital, Sacramento, and a three-hour drive from San Francisco Bay Area. A safe residential community, Chico offers year-round natural beauty, outdoor leisure activities, and a thriving arts, music, and events scene. We acknowledge and are mindful that CSU, Chico stands on lands that were originally occupied by the first people of this area, and we recognize the Mechoopda and their distinctive spiritual relationship with this land and the waters that run through campus. We are humbled that our campus resides upon sacred lands that once sustained the Mechoopda people for centuries.
CSU, Chico is committed to recruiting outstanding candidates who reflect the diverse, intercultural, and intersectional identities of our student body. The ideal candidate will embrace our values predicated on the primacy of student success and the elimination of achievement gaps, have demonstrated experience working with diverse populations, and will contribute to policies, programs, and activities that support an inclusive, accessible, and equitable learning and working environment.