Assistant Director of Learning Abroad
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
The Chronicle of Higher Education consistently recognizes us as a "Great College to Work For" with high scores in compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; respect and appreciation, and more.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director of Learning Abroad.
The position of Assistant Director of Learning Abroad is a full-time position in the International Programs and Services Office and reports to the Director for International Programs and Services. This position will oversee the advising of students pursuing study abroad opportunities on all matters related to their programs, maintain student and program information, review student applications for programs and scholarships, assist in the development of custom programs, and coordinate events and marketing campaigns to promote study abroad opportunities.
The International Programs and Services office provides support for both Learning Abroad opportunities and International Student Services. As part of this team, the Assistant Director for Learning Abroad works closely with others in the office to provide a wide range of support for the international programs and services offered. This position will be an integral part in planning and implementing programming and will be crossed trained to be able to assist international students with general questions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Advising Lynn University students on all matters related to their study abroad experience, pre-departure, while abroad, and upon return.
- Maintain records and information to ensure programs are accurately represented, student progress on application process can be tracked, and reports containing accurate data can be processed.
- Provide training on learning abroad opportunities and office processes to other staff or faculty as needed.
- Lead and establish plans for pre-departure and re-entry orientations.
- Review study abroad and scholarship applications.
- Collaborating effectively with faculty, staff and student groups in the promotion of intercultural awareness, international education and global competency.
- Regularly participating in professional development opportunities to remain current on best practices in the field of International Education.
- Assist the Director with the development and implementation of custom programs.
- Assist the Director with emergencies involving students abroad and serve as point of contact for such situations when the Director is unavailable.
- Assist international students with general inquiries
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a four year College or University Prior experience working with study abroad programs in an institution of higher education. Experience working with study abroad provider organizations/companies. Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines while working in an environment with frequent interruptions. Strong time management and organizational skills. Able to think critically and solve practical problems with multiple and complex variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university. Supervisory experience. Experience using and developing content for study abroad database systems. Experience working with international students. Proficiency in another language besides English. Experience living, working or studying in another country.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn University
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.