Nursing Instructor - 2 positions
Job Title: Nursing Instructor - 2 positions
Position Type: Faculty
Department: Career Programs
Work Location: Main Campus
This position requires a strong commitment to teaching and diversity while incorporating technology and innovation in the delivery of instruction. The ability to infuse new approaches into the teaching/learning process is essential. Candidates must be able to work actively and collegially with faculty within and outside of the department. Faculty teach across medical surgical and specialties in theory, lab and clinical in the Associate Degree Nursing Program. Other related faculty responsibilities may be performed as required.
Minimum requirements for this position are a Master’s degree in Nursing, a current unencumbered IL Registered Professional Nurse license; or eligible for reciprocity (must have reciprocity by the start of the semester) and a minimum of two years clinical practice in Medical Surgical, Pediatric, OB or Psychiatric nursing.
Teaching experience in a community college preferred.
A willingness and flexibility to learn and expand to new content areas is a plus.
Position Status: Full Time
Hours: Hours to be determined.
Minimum Starting Rate: Mid $50's
Review of Applications Begins: 1/11/2021
Posting Number: FA00417P
Open Date: 12/14/20
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants
This is a full time tenure track position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Please apply online and attach all required documents.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chicago Tribune
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- MVCC Website/Posting
- Employee of MVCC
- No Response
- * Are you a State Universities Retirement System (SURS) annuitant and currently receiving a monthly annuity?
- * Do you have a Master's degree or higher in Nursing?
- * Do you have the minimum of two years clinical practice in Medical Surgical, Pediatric, OB or Psychiatric Nursing?
- * Do you have a current unencumbered IL Registered Professional Nurse license; or eligible for reciprocity (must have reciprocity by the start of the semester)?
Documents Needed To Apply
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Other Document