Nazareth College of Rochester invites applications for Registrar. The Registrar is responsible for the overall vision and leadership of all functions within the Registrar’s Office for both graduate and undergraduate programs. The Registrar plays a pivotal leadership role in advancing the college mission and supporting student success. This position requires a unique combination of strong leadership, technical, and interpersonal skills. Duties include supervision of administrative, support, and student staff; implementation and maintenance of technology to support office functions and operations; development and management of the office budget; review and enforcement of academic policies; and the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to student records and registration. The Registrar serves as the college’s FERPA Compliance Officer and is responsible for ensuring compliance with other academic, regulatory, and accreditation policies and requirements. Supports a team centered environment within the Registrar’s office as well as with other partners across campus to best support the student experience.
Function: Office Operations
- Oversees all functions and services provided by the Registrar’s Office, including creation and maintenance of student records, grade processing, graduation evaluation, program evaluations, transcript issuance, course schedule building, classroom assignment, creation and posting of the academic calendar, and course registration processes.
- Provides proactive identification and resolution of problems in a timely and professional manner across a wide range of campus and external constituencies (faculty, staff, administration, students, alumni, prospective students).
- Ensures highest standards of customer service for all who utilize Registrar services.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of technology that supports student records and registration and related services, including but not limited to the Student Records and Degree Audit modules of Datatel Colleague Student Information System and records imaging software.
Function: Academic Programs & Undergraduate College Catalog
- Directly responsible for the collection and implementation of all undergraduate programmatic information posted annually in the undergraduate catalog. Supervises maintenance of this same information for the graduate catalog.
- Initiates process of new program creation upon NYS approval for inclusion in catalogs and updates to associated college systems. Ensures clarity and accuracy of academic program details and requirements in support of student success and progress towards degree completion.
- Ensures compliance with academic, regulatory, and accreditation policies and requirements. This includes but is not limited reporting mandated enrollment and graduation data through the National Student Clearinghouse, managing the course roster verification process required for Title IV funding, and ensuring compliance with federal FERPA regulations.
Function: Policies and Procedures, Records Security and Management
- Establishes and maintains record-keeping policies and associated procedures, in keeping with established best practices.
- Oversees daily operations that assure accurate and secure records management and delivery.
Function: Advisor on Policies and Procedures
- Serves as point person for students, faculty, chairs and deans regarding college-wide policies as well as Registrar office operations and procedures to ensure fairness and consistency in implementation of policy, and protect the academic integrity of the institution.
Function: Budget Management
- Develop and maintain the strategic, capital and operational budget for department
- All other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree with five years of progressive experience and responsibility in higher education, including three or more years of administrative and managerial experience in a Registrar or student services office.
- Proven record of effective collaboration, supervision, policy development and implementation, assessment, and budget management. Commitment to building and sustaining a team oriented office culture.
- Knowledge of trends in student services (particularly as it relates to the use of technology and automation of processes) combined with a strong understanding of the role of a Registrar’s Office in meeting the college’s mission.
- Demonstrated experience integrating new technology into office procedures and processes. Experience managing complex student records systems and computer systems development.
- Commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment with a record of advocating for and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Strong knowledge of FERPA regulations as related to student records.
- Exceptional organizational skills and be able to attend to and prioritize projects.
- Ability to successfully manage interpersonal working relationships. As appropriate, collaborate with staff in other units and divisions to achieve the goals of the College.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Handles confidential information sensitively and appropriately.
For more information and to apply visit https://jobs.naz.edu/postings/2475