Assistant Professor of Rehabilitation Counseling - College of Education and Professional Studies
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Rehabilitation Counseling in the College of Education and Professional Studies.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
This position is a tenure-track, full-time, 10-month academic year Assistant Professor position available immediately in the Department of Counseling and the Rehabilitation and Counseling & Case Management. The Department supports face-to-face, blended and distance learning environments. Summer teaching is available based on individual requests and programmatic needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach graduate courses, including supervision of practicum and internships. Possible areas of teaching may include: medical and psychosocial/psychiatric aspects of disability: individual, family and group counseling theory and techniques; psychological evaluation and diagnosis; and research and program evaluation.Full-time teaching load per semester. Use of a variety of instructional technology including blended and distance learning applications. Teaching assignment will depend on departmental and programmatic needs and individual expertise.Participate in faculty governance, curriculum development, recruitment, student advisement, scholarly research, program-level assessment of student learning, program accreditation activities and professional service activities including chosen and assigned committee work.Maintain a minimum of ten (10) office hours per week. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Doctorate in Rehabilitation, Counselor Education or closely related counseling area Education from a CORE or CACREP accredited program;Must have or be eligible for the Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) credential.Two (2) years paid work experience serving a wide range of persons with disabilities, not including practicum and/or internship experiences;Consideration will be given to candidates who are ABD, although doctorate and CRC credentials must be completed within one year of the contract start date.
- Licensed as a Professional Counselor or LPC eligible.Successful teaching experience at the graduate level.Distance learning teaching experience.Potential for professional and scholarly productivity;Ability to meet Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) requirements.
To be considered for this position, please include the following:
- A letter of application that addresses the responsibilities and qualifications of the position;
- Current curriculum vitae; Undergraduate and graduate transcripts;
- At least five references with full contact information including emails. (References will not be contacted without consent from applicants);
- Additional information will be requested upon receipt of application.
If you have any issues and/or concerns with submitting materials for this position, please contact Fort Valley State University's Office of Human Resources at [email protected] or (478)825-6301.
Fort Valley State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate against applicants, students or employees on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or marital or veteran status.Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com