TN Extension Internship Program: Family & Consumer Science Career Edge
POSITION X2048 Tennessee Extension Internship Program:Family and Consumer Sciences Career Edge Internship
10-week Summer Internship
LOCATION The student will be assignedto a county Extension office for the entire 10 weeks of the Internship. Priorto being assigned to a county, interns will participate in a day-longorientation to familiarize them with Tennessee Extension Programs.
EFFECTIVE DATE May 20, 2021 to July29, 2021
SALARY AND BENEFITS
A stipend in the gross amount of $6,840 for the10-week internship is provided for each intern. As with any position, it isexpected that an intern is able to get to and from work each day. Generally,interns ride with Extension agents during significant work-related travel;therefore, interns do not receive a travel budget allotment.
· The Family and Consumer Sciences Career Edge Internship is designed tobe an experiential learning opportunity for students in FCS-related academicprograms. The internship provides participants an in-depth look at Extension asa career choice. One component of the internship is the opportunity forparticipants to work with nutrition education programs conducted by UTExtension.
· The Assistant Dean for UT Extension Family and Consumer Sciences and anExtension Assistant will have the responsibility for the coordination of theinternship program. Administratively, supervision will be coordinated throughRegional Directors, County Extension Directors, and FCS agents within specifiedcounties.
· Mustbe available full-time during the internship period
· Mustbe willing and able to work in one of the participating counties
· Musthave an interest in learning about and/or pursuing Extension as a careeroption
· Musthave a cumulative GPA of at least 2.7 on a scale of 4.0
· Mustbe enrolled in a college of Family and Consumer Sciences and/or majoring innutrition, child and family studies, financial management, human ecology orclosely related major
· Musthave the ability to work with others as well as work individually
· Musthave a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from work
· Musthave good verbal and written communication skills
· Mustpresent a written and oral report of the training experience at the end of theinternship program
Forbest consideration, applications for the internship should be submitted by January 15, 2021. Applications received after this date will be reviewed until a suitablecandidate is found. Successful applicants will be notified by April 2021.
Inquiriesmay be made to:
Departmentof Family and Consumer Sciences
The Universityof Tennessee Extension
2621Morgan Circle, 119 Morgan Hall
Job: Other Professional
Primary Location: US-Tennessee-Knoxville
Organization: Family And Consumer Sciences
Job Posting: Dec 10, 2020, 10:27:52 AM