Web and Cloud Application Analyst
Job no: 498207
Work type: Staff
Location: San José
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Information Systems & Technology, Marketing/Communications, Probationary, Full Time
The Web and Cloud Application Analyst supports both Web Services and select SaaS applications. This position implements new and changed websites and SaaS applications, as well as administering these applications. The incumbent provides customer support for these applications, resolving incidents and implementing changes. In addition, the incumbent develops and delivers user training on key tools and applications, as well as consults on web design, user experience and best practices on using applications. This position will work across the university community requiring effective communication and making recommendations and solving needs to ensure departments have up-to-date effective websites and web applications.
- Support all aspects of the SJSU website, manage support queues and providing support for Incidents.
- Manage and implement all Standard, Normal and Emergency Changes including new sites, accounts and similar requests, along with backend design and operational changes.
- Develop and maintain online help resources such as documentation, FAQs, training material and internal support procedures. Deliver training to groups or individually as need.
- Recommend effective use of the Content Management System and their website content. Provide consulting on content, design, user experience and other related areas.
- For all websites, ensure content is compliant with all university and department standards for web content, including state and federal accessibility standards (such as Section 508 compliant).
- Provide support and administration of OU Campus, Blogs, Google Analytics, and other web applications.
- Provide application support, administration and configuration to assigned applications including managing the implementation of new applications and updating new versions.
- Manage and resolve Incidents and implement Changes working with Suppliers and others as needed.
- Ensure application security and compliance.
- Monitor application usage and availability, and proactively logs tickets with vendors to prevent service outages.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement new and enhanced features and application.
- Develop and maintain online help resources and documentation including training material.
- Deliver training to groups or individually as needed.
- Coordinate work between campus departments, other IT departments, and Suppliers to ensure applications are available, responsive and meeting user needs.
- Applications supported include, but are not limited to – Gsuite, Zoom, Confluence, Digital Signs and Industry Weapon, Lucidchart, and others.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of website design, tools, scripting languages and HTML.
- Strong knowledge of application design, SaaS and cloud concepts, authentication services (LDAP, SAML and OKTA), tools, database concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of OU Campus, Campus Blogs, Event Calendar, Industry Weapon and Digital Signs, Gsuite.
- Application Administration at a level comparable to the achievement of a certification on G Suite.
- Working knowledge of other assigned applications, including Zoom, Confluence, Lucidchart, Ad Astra, and others to be assigned.
- Skilled in iSupport use, processes and fields.
- Advanced knowledge of configuration, account management and administration of all assigned applications.
- Strong knowledge of IT processes including ITIL Support.
- Working knowledge of Accessibility requirements and solutions, including Section 508.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and Search including Search Engine Optimization.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to think critically and analytically, analyze technical problems utilizing problem solving techniques, interpret and evaluate results, and develop recommendations and solutions understanding impact and implication of alternative solutions.
- Demonstrated strong documentation writing, organizing information.
- Ability to compose and format effective web pages, correspondence and reports.
- Ability to translate requirements, ideas and suggestions into full web page designs.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with both IT and Business groups.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information and communications.
- Ability to be a strong team player, accept new and changing assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified coursework in applicable fields of study
- Three years of experience supporting information systems and technology
- Bachelor's degree in IT or other technology field
- Three years’ Website design, development, implementation and operation; preferably with OU Campus CMS
- Three years’ experience as Gsuite Administrator (i.e. configuring and supporting Gmail, Drive, Groups, Forms and other applications).
- Experience managing IT projects and implementing SaaS applications in an Enterprise environment
Classification: Information Technology Consultant - Career
Hiring Range: $4,372/month - $10,792/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: December 9, 2020 through December 23, 2020. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: December 09, 2020 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled