Email Marketing Manager
Inside Higher Ed, the leading source for the latest news, analysis, and services for the entire higher education community, is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Email Marketing Manager. This position supports the marketing, creative services, and sales teams by building impactful email campaigns to promote our products and services and drive audience growth.
- Develop and implement email marketing campaigns, including promotional emails and automated campaigns.
- Write and edit copy for multiple types of emails.
- Work with internal and external partners to deploy sponsored emails.
- Identify and implement strategies to support new user growth and acquisition.
- Manage and maintain email lists and segments.
- Monitor, analyze and report on email performance, including sales attribution, maintaining benchmarks and identifying potential issues.
- Identify and implement improvements to email outreach efforts, including email templates/design and personalization.
- Maintain the company’s email calendar.
- Keep abreast of and ensure compliance with email marketing regulations and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communication, English, or a related field.
- 4+ years relevant work experience, including documented responsibility for email copywriting, design, list building, and automation.
- Hands-on experience with MailChimp or a comparable platform.
- Knowledge of basic HTML and CSS.
- Ability to understand and create automated campaigns or audience segments using workflow or list segmentation logic.
- Excellent written communication skills, including copywriting and editing.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple deadlines .
- Interest in higher education and/or journalism preferred.
Inside Higher Ed provides a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as a generous slate of benefits, 401(k) match, and 18 days’ paid vacation. Our office is conveniently located in the heart of downtown D.C.; we are currently remote due to the pandemic and once things return to “normal” this position will work from our downtown D.C. office.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to work collaboratively with smart and dedicated colleagues, apply today with your resume, three email samples, and a cover letter outlining why you'd be a great fit.
Inside Higher Ed is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are unable to sponsor for this position. No contract opportunities available.
Apply for Email Marketing Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly