Adjunct Faculty – Dissertation Chair - PhD Health Sciences - Trident University International
Trident University International, a member of the American InterContinental University System, is recruiting part-time Adjunct Faculty - PhD Dissertation Committee Chair for students in the PhD Health Sciences program.
The PhD Dissertation Committee Chair provides scholarly guidance online and via videoconferencing as students proceed through dissertation milestones. The Chair will oversee students in all required components of developing, writing, and defending viable research proposals and dissertations. The role is key to helping students apply the skills necessary to generate high-quality academic research.
Position Requirements– We will only consider applicants who meet all of the following:
- PhD in Health Science, Public Health, or another aspect of the health sciences.
- Extensive experience chairing dissertation committees and mentoring students to successful completion.
- Publications in peer-reviewed academic journals and presentations at academic conferences.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated command of research methods and statistics.
- Proficient in use of statistical software including SPSS.
- Knowledge of current trends in your health science discipline.
- Ability to mentor, inspire, and engage students and help them deliver high quality dissertations.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with ability to create and sustain a collegial, collaborative, and team-oriented environment with the students and other dissertation committee members.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to formulate feasible and logical solutions on issues related to student progress and success.
- Verbal and written communication skills, online and via teleconferences.
- Proficiency in APA format, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Chairs are compensated a total of $3,600 per student ($200 increments per quarter), with any remainder balance disbursed in full upon the student’s successful dissertation defense.
- Chairs are recognized in the published dissertation.
- Chairs are allowed the privilege of hooding their students if they can make themselves available to attend the graduation ceremony.