Assistant/Associate Professor of Marketing
Department:: Academic Affairs
Locations:: Franklin, MA
Posted:: Dec 10, 2020
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full-Time Academic Year
Position ID:: 126957
About Dean College:
Dean College is a private, residential New England college grounded in a culture and tradition that all students deserve the opportunity to discover and exceed their greatest aspirations.
A personal and transformative community since 1865, Dean tirelessly inspires our students to unimagined heights through personalized support and integrated delivery of academic, co-curricular and experiential learning.
Our graduates are lifelong learners who thrive in their careers, embrace social responsibility and demonstrate leadership.
This is The Dean Difference.
Consistently recognized as a Top Regional College and a Best Value School by U.S. News & World Report and name a College of Distinction for four consecutive years, Dean Serves approximately 1,200 full-time students and 300 part-time students and offers over 50 combined bachelor's and associate degree programs and specializations, as well as a robust schedule of continuing studies and certificate programs throughout the year.
Dean College is perfectly situated in Franklin, Massachusetts, which is conveniently located between Boston and Providence, Rhode Island and is accessible to Boston by commuter rail. The Dean College/Franklin station is only a five-minute walk from campus. Approximately 90 percent of the College's student population live on campus.
Dean provides a supportive academic environment that thrives on student engagement and exceptional teaching. The Dean Difference is exemplified through each student's commitment to their professional futures, social responsibility and leadership. Outside of the classroom, students participate in 16 athletic teams and more than 30 on-campus groups and organizations.
Ninety-six percent of our bachelor's degree students are employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of graduation. Alumni are hard at work in top-ranked graduate programs and are employed by organizations such as Universal Studios, Dell Technologies, Liberty Mutual, Kraft Sports Entertainment, the Boston Ballet, and more.
Dean College's School of Business is looking for a dynamic, experienced, student-centered educator to join the faculty of our growing Marketing program in Fall 2021. Dean College invites applications for a full-time, 10-month, annually renewed Assistant/Associate Professor of Marketing position.
We seek an accomplished educator with experience teaching marketing and business courses who focuses on experiential learning and active engagement in their classroom. Helping shape the future of the Marketing program will also feature heavily in this position. This person will share their professional and practical experience as they help teach students in the areas of marketing, advertising, branding, and public relations, all with a digital and social media influence. This person will also collaborate with colleagues from other academic areas and professionals from various firms in providing outstanding experiences that prepare students to lead and succeed.
Potential course assignments for the final candidate will include an array of marketing and business classes such as Principles of Marketing, Principles of Advertising, Integrated Marketing Communications, Marketing Analytics, Sales and Relationship Management, Business Policy and Strategic Management and possibly others.
Applications may be considered until the position is filled; however, first consideration will be given to those applications received by January 11, 2021.
- Teach a 5:5 teaching load;
- There is no faculty advising load. Students are served by a professional advising staff;
- Hold office hours as required and meet with students by appointment;
- Coach and mentor students regarding academic and career goals, including graduate school preparation;
- Participate in committees as assigned, attend school and program meetings;
- Participate in recruitment activities and student orientations;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Marketing, Business, or related discipline area is required;
- A Ph.D. is desired; candidates with an ABD will be considered;
- Experience teaching at the undergraduate level, including first and second year students;
- The ability to lead students in a class project/practical application is required.
- Proven effectiveness teaching in the online environment is desirable.
- Have cross-sectional expertise in traditional marketing, internet marketing, business statistics, marketing management, applied communications, and associated technologies.
- A commitment to undergraduate liberal arts education and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with faculty, students, and staff from diverse backgrounds;
- Strong computer skills, the use of technologies and/or strategies to enhance pedagogy, the ability to access the College's online resources, and a willingness to be responsive to students via digital tools, including our digital learning management system;
- The successful candidate will possess expertise in learner-centered teaching and will have the ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse student body with a variety of learning styles and at varying stages of academic readiness;
- Experience with course management systems, digital technology, and classroom media.
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis. Dean College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, work-related injury or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees.
The Assistant Dean of Students, located on the second floor of the Campus Center, telephone 508-541-1841, coordinates the college's compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 Act.
The Director of Human Resources on the first floor of Dean Hall, telephone, 508-541-1681 coordinates the college's compliance with titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act and amendments, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
The Dean College Athletics Department is a Division III member of the NCAA and competes as a member of the New England Collegiate Conference (NECC), Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (ECFC), and the USCAA and complies with all NCAA Division III Rules and Regulations.
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, all unofficial transcripts; and contact information of three references. (PLEASE NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and any additional documents.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Dean College Careers Account to check your completed application or upload additional documents.