Assistant Professor Information Technology
Job no: 493857
Work type: Full-time Faculty
Location: Overland Park Main Campus
Categories: Administrative Professional
Assistant Professor, Information TechnologyDepartment
Academic AffairsPosition Type
Full-time FacultyNumber of openings
This faculty position in the Information Technology-Networking department is within the Computing Sciences and Information Technology Division. The Faculty member is expected to possess expert level knowledge in the IT discipline. The Faculty member will carry teaching load in a variety of IT areas including: Cisco networking, Microsoft and Linux systems administration, and cybersecurity. The faculty member is expected to demonstrate competence in mastery of subject matter, professional development, teaching performance, evaluation of student learning, participation in college/division/program activities, support college policies and procedures, and contribution to the growth and enhancement of college mission and programs. This position demands a positive team player, with leadership and project management skills.
This position is on-site in Overland Park, Kansas and starts Fall 2021.
• Bachelor's degree in IT, Networking, or related field with minimum 18 credit hours in IT upper level coursework
• Preferred curriculum development experience
• Minimum one year of IT teaching/training experience
• Previous IT industry work experience
• Demonstrated positive team work experience with evidence of workload contributions
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
• Self-motivated to accomplish tasks within given timeline
• Expert level knowledge in some of the following areas: Cisco (CCNA), Microsoft Azure, Linux (LPIC-1), Cybersecurity (CEH, CHFI, Security +), Cloud Computing, Scripting (Python)
• Required active status minimum of at least one of the following industry certifications or higher - CCNA, LPIC-1, A+, Security +, Azure, others considered
• Expected to obtain and keep active status in certifications related to assigned courses
• Teaching experience with learning management systems (e.g. Canvas)
• Three years of IT teaching/training experience
• Cisco Certified Academy Instructor (CCAI)
Please submit a resume/CV, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts with the application. For certifications listed on your resume, provide verification information. Official transcripts will be requested upon hire.Hours per Week
Varies depending on course needsSalary Grade Level
Competitive rate of payLocation
Overland Park Main CampusDisclosures
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other factors which cannot be lawfully considered, to the extent specified by applicable federal and state laws.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email [email protected]
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc.) refer to the links on our Career page.
Advertised: 09 Dec 2020 Central Standard Time
Applications close: 01 Feb 2021 Central Standard Time