Director of International Program, PHIA
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), Institute of Human Virology (IHV) seeks highly qualified and experienced candidates to fill the Director of International Programs for the RESPONSE Project position. The successful candidate will be passionate about public health and population-based data. The candidate should have experience in a combination of public health surveillance, survey data analysis and dissemination, or data management. Successful candidates will have a demonstrated portfolio of diverse team management and multi-project implementation.
This position is expected to travel approximately 30% of the time.
UMB offers a generous benefits package, which includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Directs the preparation, coordination, and maintenance of international program content and delivery methods for the daily operations and events within the international program.
- Oversee and manage the structure and functioning of the overall data architecture (collection, reporting, management, analysis) component of the project, including staffing, consultants and contractors.
- Effectively represent the project in strategic meetings, consultations and conferences associated with data management and analytics.
- Lead, collaborate with, and/or assist the development and preparation of project-related documentation, reports, abstracts, posters, presentations, and manuscripts.
- Coordinates the regular publication of summary reports and serves as an information resource to coworkers, the university, and external figures. Manages communication between leadership in US and program in host country.
- Develops funding sources for the international program, through grant seeking, major fundraising events and/or donations. Ensure legal compliance for host country, and UMB.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors in related field. PhD is preferred.
Experience: Experience: Six (6) years program coordination. International program experience is preferred.
Preferred: Prior experience in complex population-based survey design implementation and analysis is preferred.
Supervisory: Two (2) years of experience of overall responsibility for program direction, coordination and implementation.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine
Job Posting: Aug 31, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing