Appointment, Promotion, & Tenure (APT) Program (Coordinator or Analyst)
QualificationsEducation: Bachelors in a related field.
Administrative Coordinator Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of related experience.
Administrative Analyst Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of related experience.
Preferred: Experience in health care environment or in higher education with a focus on appointment, promotion, and tenure processes is preferred.
Other: May consider a combination of directly related experience and education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize ongoing and new projects necessary to implementing a specific organizational program.
- Excellent skill in communicating efficiently and effectively both orally and in writing with a variety of people internal and external to the organization.
- Skill in continuously seeking to improve the quality of services and processes.
- Skill in exercising initiative, resourcefulness and sound judgment with an ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Excellent computer skills to include all Microsoft Office applications and some database software.
- Ability to keep current and maximize use of Microsoft Office applications
- Interest and ability to thrive in high-volume environment.
- Conscientious (motivated to ensure things are complete and done in a timely manner).
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Interest and ability to learn the rules and exceptions in a complex environment
- Exceptional detail orientation.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven writing skills demonstrating ability to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Proven business math skills.
- Proven analytical skills (e.g. successful completion of difficult undergraduate or graduate science or computer courses).
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team (flexible and positive attitude).
- Ability to handle sensitive materials with discretion and tact.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills to include database reporting and/or exposure to computer programming and/or data set manipulation.
- Some familiarity with biomedical and/or scientific terms.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine - Resource Management
Job Posting: Dec 2, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing