Job DescriptionThe University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), Institute of Human Virology (IHV)
is currently recruiting for a Senior, Applications Developer
that will analyze user needs; develop software solutions; and determine required data to determine application functionality. Analyze and design database within an application individually developing database. Develop and write computer application to store, locate, and retrieve data and produce reports. Work with the development team to deliver high quality and performance code in an agile environment. Use, evaluate, and learn exciting new technologies that keep products and teams on the cutting edge. Provide technical direction and coordination for a single development project. Provide leadership to cross-functional teams. Lead the design, development, and maintenance of complex solutions with a focus on quality, performance, and resiliency. Benefits Information:
UMB offers a generous benefits package, which includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources. Essential Functions:
- Develop and routinely update all processes, standard operating procedures and documents for software management for the organization, and consistently defines and applies technologies, standards and software engineering practices, mentoring other team members.
- Create, review & approve design, solutions and Technical Design Documents (TDD) and engages with end user on requirements and application, and participate in requirements analysis, design and test plan creations and test result verification Advise for production environment set up and breaks down large scale projects into manageable chunks.
- Lead and direct software engineering resources to ensure timely and quality delivery of services, and participate in the full system development lifecycle involving design, implementation, testing, and launching.
- perform searches to generate standard and customized reports using statistical applications. Summarize results of searches .
- Assist with the generation and analysis of business and functional requirements for proposed software solutions; participate in and sometimes lead architectural and database design discussions as they relate to product direction; and Generate data for project planning, including task breakdown and estimation of work for a project. Tracks status within the project as necessary.
- Coordinate the work being done by other software engineers working on the team, coordinating team activities with other teams and product groups, maintaining software architecture standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in in Information Technology, Computer Science, Systems Administration, Computer Engineering or a related field. Experience:
No substitution of experience for minimum education requirement. Hiring Range:
Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. Job:
Reg or CII Exempt StaffShift:
School of MedicineJob Posting:
Jun 5, 2020Unposting Date: