Posting Date: December 8, 2020 Posting End Date: February 8, 2021
Position: Database Specialist Department: Development
Status: Full Time; Exempt
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University demonstrating “Excellence in Every Way,” the ideal Database Specialist will be able to assist in the daily operations and management of the Office of Development and in alignment with the Office of the President.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Is the “Super User” for the unit’s CRM, the Raiser’s Edge
- Assists in training staff members and deploying new functions within the database
- Plans database upgrades by maintaining, evaluating, and improving a transaction-processing model.
- Assesses database performance by developing a protocol for measurement of results and identification of problem areas.
- Supports database performance by monitoring database performance; evaluating and resolving processing and programming problems; designing database management tools; answering user questions.
- Secures database by preparing access and control policies and procedures.
- Manage data exporting and importing across database systems.
- Assist in optimizing database for operational and performance efficiency.
- Prepare database reports for managers as needed.
- Supports application design by contributing expertise to applications, operations, and technical support teams.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Serve as back-up Gift Processor in times of high volume.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Must be able to communicate effectively in technical terms and on a business level
- Must be independent but also a team player
- Involves troubleshooting; must be a problem-solver
- Mastery level attention to detail
- Must be able to transcribe large amounts of information accurately and quickly
- Good time-management and interpersonal skills are also valuable
Commensurate with education, training and experience
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.
Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.