Post-Doctoral Fellow in Cancer Immunology and Data Science
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU AnschutzSchool of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology Post-Doctoral Fellow Position #00779794 – Requisition #19653* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology has an opening for a full-time Post-Doctoral Fellow The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Postdoc in Immunotherapy/Data Science OpeningThe SciOmics lab (Single-Cell Integrated Omics), led by David Woods PhD, at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking a postdoc to join our team. With a focus on anti-cancer immune responses, the SciOmics lab utilizes high-dimension, single cell technologies to analyze cancer patient biospecimens for the purpose of identifying, characterizing and targeting biomarkers of patient response to immunotherapies.While the position requires a working knowledge of programming and basic statistics, there is an expectation that many of the position responsibilities will be learned “on the job”.Major Responsibilities:
- Data cleaning, analysis and visualization using various software (e.g. FlowJo, SeqGeq) and the R and/orPython programming languages
- Development of novel data analysis pipelines involving statistical analyses, clustering analyses, dimension reductions, regression models, machine learning models, etc.
- Assembling publication quality images in Adobe Illustrator or equivalent software.
- Running flow cytometry, CITE-Seq, IsoLight and other single-cell, high-dimension assays, including development and optimization of panels and assays.
- Communicating of results in one-on-one interactions with lab members, regular lab meetings, meeting with collaborators, scientific publications, scientific conference abstracts and presentations, grants and progress reports.
- Oversee projects from conception to completion
- Assisting and training other lab members in data analysis
- Setup and performance of various in vitro assays
- Cell culture
- Mouse experiments
- Lab supply ordering, receiving and inventorying
- Ph.D. in an applicable discipline (biology, chemistry, math, statistics, computer science, etc.)
- Experience in programming, with emphasis on knowledge of R or Python
- Experience in flow cytometry, sequencing or other related technologies.
- A basic knowledge or better of statistics.
- Creative, organized, motivated and a fast learner
- Works well in a small team in a dynamic environment
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Dec 8, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing