Intermediate Administrative Coordinator
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-12-08
The Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging seeks a full-time Intermediate Administrative Coordinator to provide high level administrative support, coordinate multiple assignments, and oversee special projects. The incumbent will serve as an important member of the Staff Affairs and Medical Education Team that provides support to the Department’s faculty, staff, residents, fellows, and clinical instructors on various educational, operational, staffing, and administrative matters. The incumbent will perform a variety of responsibilities that are moderately complex, demonstrate sound judgement in making decisions, and operate with a fair degree of independence while executing assignments.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Perform duties related to scheduling interviews, organizing and maintaining recruiting files, and assisting applicants as a key point of contact; perform other staffing-related activities.
- Provide critical support to ensure an excellent onboarding experience for new employees.
- Coordinate offboarding activities of employees.
- Participate in special projects and lead other assigned projects.
- Coordinate the collection of data for continuing medical education, focused professional practice evaluations, and other projects.
- Provide general administrative support, prepare correspondence, coordinate meetings, and manage files (including data files).
- Compile spreadsheets and prepare a variety of reports used to assist the Staff Affairs and Medical Education Team.
- Serve as a resource for the Department; communicate policies and procedures to various internal and external contacts.
- Ensure compliance with mandatory training requirements and coordinate reappointment packages for Advanced Practice Providers.
Qualified candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent and at least four years of experience.
Qualified candidates will also possess these important skill and abilities:
- Skills using Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed to coordinate various responsibilities with diverse individuals both inside and outside of the organization.
- Strong organizational and administrative abilities.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data and information.
- Ability to independently research topics pertaining to job assignments, make recommendations, and implement accordingly.
- Knowledge of basic computer applications and various database and software programs.
This is a restricted position; continuation is dependent on funding and satisfactory performance.
Priority review of applications will begin on December 18, 2020, but the position will remain open until filled.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: please apply through Workday at the following URL, https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs , and search for requisition # R0019927. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). The successful candidate will pass a criminal background check. Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box.
INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for requisition # R0019927. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). The successful candidate will pass a criminal background check. Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact Michelle Williams, Faculty Search Advisor, at email@example.com.
For additional information about the position, please contact Terry Crow, Staff Affairs and Education Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.