Research Assistant III
RESEARCH ASST IIIPosition Number:
University StaffJob Type:
Maywood-Health Sciences CampusDepartment Name:
DEPARTMENT OF CANCER BIOLOGYLocation Code:
Dept of Cancer Biology (06311A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? :
YesDuties and Responsibilities:
- Perform experiments in cancer research on genome stability maintenance under the supervision of PI.
- Modify and adapt experimental protocols, techniques and procedures to specific project requirements.
- Design, coordinate and conduct experimental procedures in the study of protein-protein interaction, protein-DNA interaction, protein modification, genome stability analysis in various human cells, as well as animal handling and genotyping.
- Independently perform research activities and data analysis.
- Work with the PI and postdocs to prepare research results and write summaries of results in manuscript form for publications and in graphics form for presentation at research meetings and for grant proposals.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with regulatory protocols and records related to biosafety and IACUC.
- Order lab supplies and equipment.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology or Cell Biology and 5+ years related experience.Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology or Cell Biology and 5+ years related experience.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Firm understanding of research methods, protocols, procedures, techniques, and equipment within specified area of specialty. Demonstrated research experience with handling mice (including but not limited to breeding, weaning, genotyping), Ability to independently design and implement standard research protocol within area of specialty. Knowledge and understanding of scientific method. Ability to analyze and evaluate empirical data and develop graphic and/or written interpretations and conclusions
Basic Computer SkillsSupervisory Responsibilities:
NoRequired operation of university owned vehicles:
NoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? :
Lifting, Standing, Repetitive MotionsWorking Conditions:
Lighting, Heating, Ventilation, Odors, Noise, Animals, Irregular HoursOpen Date:
08/18/2020Quick Link for Posting: