LABORATORY SUPERVISOR,ENG College of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
LABORATORY SUPERVISOR,ENG College of Engineering, Mechanical EngineeringTracking Code2539 Job Description
Boston University’s Engineering Product Innovation Center (EPIC), a 15,000 square foot, multimillion-dollar prototyping and makerspace located in the heart of BU’s Charles River Campus and serving over 1500 students annually, seeks a new Laboratory Supervisor with a passion for engineering education and a commitment to teaching both undergraduate and graduate students.
Specific duties include:
- Supervision of the Automated Design and Manufacturing Laboratory in EPIC, a state-of-the-art, lights-out, manufacturing facility.
- Instructing students in all technical aspects of hardware prototyping, including, but not limited to, open-source microcontrollers, sensors, basic electronics, and machine tool operation.
- Teaching undergraduate laboratory classes.
- Conducting seminars and programs for students on various aspects of the hardware prototyping and use of the makerspace.
- Ensuring a safe learning environment.
- 3-5 years of hands-on product design or manufacturing experience.
- Experience in Python 3, HTML, Java-script, and CSS.
- Familiarity with relay logic and/or programmable logic controllers (PLCs), serial and ethernet/IP communication protocols, and collaborative robotics.
- Knowledge of basic prototyping tools, including CAD, CAM, and 3D printing.
- Demonstrated teaching and/or public speaking capability.
- An AA degree, with a BS strongly preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular