Dental Hygienist I
Job no: 515202
Work type: Staff Part-Time
Categories: Health Profession, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:34060700 - DN-COMMUNITY DENTISTRY
Advertised: 13 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 27 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Dental HygienistJob Description:
Perform oral prophylaxis, periodontal maintenance procedures, scaling, and root planing procedures for patients of the Hialeah Dental Clinic, as permitted by Florida law. Instruct, evaluate, and supervise patients in oral hygiene education and preventive dental techniques.
Keep dental faculty members advised of patient appointments and coordinates scheduling between doctors and patients.
Complete appropriate extra- and intra-oral examinations. Probe, chart, maintain medical and dental histories, take blood pressure readings, make radiographs, make progress notes, and enter charges.
Create, maintain, and support the patient recall system and scheduling in cooperation with front office staff members to assure timely care and scheduling of patients. Participates in dental in-service training and lectures. Attend meetings (as required). Maintain cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification, dental radiology certification, and registered dental hygienist (RDH) licensure.Expected Salary:
$30/per hour, commensurate with education/experienceMinimum Requirements:
Licensed as a dental hygienist in accordance with Chapter 466, Florida Statutes.Preferred Qualifications:
- Licensed as a dental hygienist in accordance with Chapter 466, Florida Statutes
- Current Florida Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) License
- CPR certification
- Knowledge of dental terminology
- Knowledge of dental hygiene principles and practices
- Knowledge of the procedures and techniques for using radiographic equipment
- Skill in using dental instruments and equipment
- Skill in performing dental prophylaxis
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to instruct patients in preventative dental techniques
- Ability to perform a variety of radiographic operations
- Ability to communicate orally, by phone and in writing with faculty, staff, and patients
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to work for extended periods unsupervised
- Professional demeanor
- Exceptional compassion
This is a time-limited position.
In order to be considered, you must upload your resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.Health Assessment Required: