Research Nurse II (Multiple Positions)(UPDATED)
Cancer Center DivisionDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
Please Note: The number of opening has increased from 3 to 4. The University of Arizona Cancer Center (UACC) is a National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer through patient care, research, and education. The Operations Office is a functional component of the Clinical Trials Unit (CTO), which is organized to provide clinical research staff support for interventional oncology protocols.
This position will provide dedicated clinical trials support for clinical trials at the University of Arizona Cancer Center including BUMC -North, BUMC -Tucson and others. This employee will have regular contact with investigators, regulatory staff, clinical trials sponsors (e.g. private industry and national cooperative groups), and administrative staff.
This position will provide dedicated nursing support for clinical trials at the University of Arizona Cancer Center.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
Thisposition works closely with clinical faculty and their disease team.
- Participate in protocol development by reviewing potential protocols, informed consent documents, and evaluate their effect on standard nursing procedures.
- Recruit study participants, schedule appointments, interview and evaluate potential participants to ensure they meet eligibility requirements; instruct participants concerning protocol and obtain consent signature.
- Schedule and/or coordinate the scheduling of required laboratory tests and/or exams.
- Provide direct patient care involving diagnosis and administering medication.
- Coordinate and/or perform physical assessments required by protocol such as tumor measurements, neurological checks and blood pressure reading.
- Assess participants for evidence of drug toxicity, unexpected side effects or other problems, and notify principal investigator; recommend dosage adjustments per protocol.
- Evaluate and develop patient educational materials and give patient and/or family members instructions on drug administration and other medical information.
- Train, oversee, and provide current patient information to nurses and other health care personnel in order to assure comprehensive patient care.
- Document medical data in patient record.
- Assist physician and/or principal investigator in writing manuscripts for publication and/or presentation of materials at conferences.
- Actively participate in disease team meetings.
- Develop flowsheets and forms needed to capture specific protocol required data.
- Review treatment plans for assigned protocols for accuracy.
- Provide training to other staff members to assure patient safety and adherence to the protocol.
- Perform lab draws and give injections where an RN license is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required. RN licensure and graduation from an accredited nursing program required.
*Previous work as an oncology and/or research nurse. *Previous work with the Cernerelectronic health record system. *Demonstrated detailed documentation skills. *Demonstrated strong interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills. *Excellent organizational skills.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$52,024 - $92,487Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
9Career Stream and Level:
Clinical ResearchJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
4Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Alaina Krone | [email protected]Open Date:
12/4/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.