Associate or Full Professor (Tenure Track) (Multiple Positions)
Family and Community MedicineDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
The Department of Family and Community Medicine at the University of Arizona, Tucson, invites you to apply for one or more tenured faculty positions in the area of diabetes prevention and control, obesity treatment and prevention, tobacco cessation and prevention, reducing health disparities, health services research or technology-mediated communication (e.g., eHealth, mHealth, HIT) research.
Individuals with expertise in clinical trials, applied research, healthcare-based or community-based approaches to understanding and/or reducing disparities in these behaviors and conditions, and experience working with underserved and at-risk communities, are encouraged to apply.
We are seeking individuals who are able to work with diverse students, trainees and colleagues, and who have experience with a variety of teaching methods/curricular perspectives.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
Thesuccessful candidate(s) will be expected to mentor a growing group of juniorfaculty and/or residents.
- Seek extramural funding for research in the area of diabetes prevention and control, obesity treatment and prevention, tobacco cessation and prevention, substance abuse, reducing health disparities, health services research or technology-mediated communication.
- Develop and submit research grant proposals to appropriate funding agencies.
- Implement research projects.
- Disseminate research findings through peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations.
- Develop and maintain collaborations with FCM clinical, research and outreach faculty for team-based science, quality improvement, and other scholarly activity.
- Develop and maintain collaborations across the University of Arizona, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally to facilitate translational research.
- Mentor junior faculty and residents in the conduct of scholarly activity.
- Engage in limited teaching activities for residents and graduate students.
- Serve in leadership positions in national scientific societies.
- Participate in Research Leadership Group meetings.
- Participate in department, college, and university committees.
- PhD or MD with a track record in obtaining NIH (or comparable) funding.
- Current extramural grant funding.
- High productivity concerning peer-reviewed publications.
-Commitment to excellence by participating in teaching, research and service towards building an equitable and diverse scholarly environment. -Experience with a variety of teaching methods and curricular perspectives. -Established expertise in working with diverse communities.Rank :
To be DeterminedTenure Information:
Tenure Track (T/TE)FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
Commensurate with AAMC Benchmarks, DOECompensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
5Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Dr. Myra Muramoto | [email protected] | (520) 626-1090Open Date:
12/4/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.