College of Fine + Applied Arts: Non-Tenure Track (Open Rank) Specialized Faculty - School of Ar...
The School of Architecture at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks applicants to fill one or more Specialized Faculty positions. These positions are non-tenure track and will be between zero to 100% time, depending on the School's needs. Specialized Faculty teach assigned courses throughout the semester such as design studios, history lectures, and structures/technology lectures, etc.
Responsibilities will include teaching undergraduate and graduate-level courses for the School of Architecture in one or more instructional fields (on-campus or online), mentoring and overseeing Graduate Teaching Assistants as needed, and meeting with instructors of other sections when appropriate.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
- Adjunct Instructor/Instructor: Master's degree in a field related to the course(s) to be taught. Lesser degrees will be considered if accompanied by significant professional experience.
- Adjunct Lecturer/Lecturer: Terminal degree in a field related to the course(s) to be taught.
Preferred Qualifications (All Ranks):
- Three years of combined teaching and professional experience in a field relevant to the intended field of instruction. Merit-based exceptions to this qualification will be considered.
Proposed Starting Date: January 1, 2021; or August 16, 2021.
Salary: Commensurate with rank and experience.
To ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu, and upload the following:
- A letter of application which addresses your interest in serving as Specialized Faculty, an indication of the course(s) or subject(s) for which you would like to be considered, and the semester(s) in which you would be available to teach.
- A current CV.
- A list of three professional references, including name, address, email, and phone number. These references should be able to speak to your teaching and professional experience and expertise.
- Optional: You may also submit supporting graphic or written material appropriate to the field(s) of instruction for which you wish to be considered, as well as evaluations from previous teaching experience.
For full consideration, complete applications must be submitted by December 21, 2020 for Spring 2021, and June 15, 2021 for Fall 2021. Interviews may take place and offers may be made before the closing date, but all applications received by the closing date will receive full consideration for an open position.
For further information regarding the position, please contact Kevin Erickson at [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.College Name or Administrative Unit:College of Fine & Applied Arts Category:1-Faculty Title:College of Fine + Applied Arts: Non-Tenure Track (Open Rank) Specialized Faculty - School of Architecture (140052) Open Date:12/04/2020 Organization Name:Architecture