Assistant Professor in Organic Chemistry
Assistant Professor in Organic ChemistryJob Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The search will remain open until the position is filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by
January 15, 2021. Second consideration may be given to applications received by March 15, 2021. Applications received subsequent to the second consideration date (March 15, 2021) may not be given full consideration.
The University of Rhode Island invites applications for a full-time, tenure track appointment for an Assistant Professor in Organic Chemistry position starting in the 2021 academic year.
Teach chemistry courses at both the undergraduate and graduate level; advise students at both the undergraduate and graduate level; conduct research in collaboration with both undergraduate and graduate students; serve on departmental and university level committees.
1) Ph.D. in chemistry or closely related field.
2) Postdoctoral and/or equivalent industrial experience.
3) Demonstrated ability to teach organic chemistry at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
4) Demonstrated ability of developing an externally funded research program in organic chemistry, broadly defined.
5) Demonstrated record of scholarly achievement as evidenced by publications, presentations and/or awards.
6) Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
7) Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
8) Demonstrated strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.Union:
AAUP - American Assoc of Univ ProfessorsStatus :
Academic Year, Full-time, Tenure-track, PermanentDepartment:
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)Campus Location:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 4 PDF documents to your online Faculty Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter (not to exceed 2 pages).
(#2) Curriculum vitae with contact information for three professional references.
(#3) Statement of teaching philosophy (not to exceed 1 page).
(#4) “Other document” to include the following: description of research program that begins with a 1 page executive summary followed by a proposal for a research program of maximum length 5 pages; as well as list of required capital equipment needed for startup including cost estimates; and a statement addressing the candidate’s experiences and commitment to diversity.
Important required note: Please have 3 letters of recommendation sent by email only. Please direct all letters of recommendation and inquiries to [email protected]
12/02/2020Open Until Filled:
YesQuicklink for Posting: