Enrollment Data Analyst
Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management, the Enrollment Data Analyst will have a dual focus on reporting and maintenance of administrative systems. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated aptitude for analytical work, be able to present data and findings to a variety of audiences, and have the technical skills necessary to successfully liaise with the information technology office on various projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Become knowledgeable in all aspects of the Ellucian Banner Recruitment & Admissions Student and Financial Aid modules and related 3rd party systems
• Provide system support with the implementation, maintenance and/or upgrade of various computer software systems
• Investigate and resolve data quality issues and escalate situations according to department processes.
• Develop a data collection, analysis and reporting plan to cover recruitment and admissions activities, enrollment forecasts, enrollment analysis, and effectiveness of various marketing efforts.
• Create and generate ongoing recruitment application, and enrollment reports to support admission activities, decision making and enrollment strategies.
• Participate in cross-functional projects that support Enrollment Management as needed.
• Produce or support the production of standard, custom, and dashboard reports utilizing data warehouse and transactional systems.
• Perform business requirements gathering and analysis, and clearly communicate findings and process improvement recs to various stakeholders
• Along with other technical leads within the division, fulfill data requests for mailing lists, donor rolls, demographic and giving analyses, and other requests
• Participate in thorough testing and validation efforts ensuring timely and accurate results in a team environment
• Using advanced analytical skills, provide comprehensive assessments to management that interpret patterns and trends, and determine overall data quality
Educations and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree is required with three (3) or more years of experience working with relational databases and demonstrated aptitude for data analysis or data management.
• Experience using student information systems; knowledge of Ellucian Banner SIS, specifically the student and finance modules strongly preferred.
• Experience with report writing tools.
• Strong aptitude for diagnosing end user problems, identifying and implementing solutions.
• Working knowledge of relational and dimensional database architectures.
• Experience working in higher education environment preferred.
• Experience with using a CRM (preferably Technolutions/Slate), ERP and/or CMS.
• Experience and/or understanding of simple programming (SQL, Visual Basic, Java) required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite, including Excel and Access.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple deadlines and projects.
• Organized and able to follow through on projects with minimal supervision.
• Service orientation, commitment to excellence and professional growth.
• Flexible and team-oriented.