Educational Leadership Adjunct Professor
Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.Position Title:
Educational Leadership Adjunct ProfessorDoes this position require driving?:
NoJob Summary/Basic Function:
Adjunct Faculty Member will be responsible for teaching courses as assigned. Faculty will take advantage of teaching moments and opportunities through the use of weekly announcements and emails. The professor will also carry out various administrative tasks as dictated to them by their Instructional Mentor, the Faculty Support Coordinator, the Online Chair, or the Associate Dean. These administrative tasks will include items such as roster verification, reporting items, and timely submission of final grades.
- Teach material from approved curriculum in accordance with assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
- Assists students in achieving completion of objectives and learning outcomes.
- Provides regular and timely feedback to students.
- Participates in school retention initiatives by maintaining productive contact with students and by getting in touch with and offering assistance to absent students.
- Advises students in matters related to academics, attendance, and behaviors.
- Motivates students to actively participate in all aspect of the educational process.
- Maintains and reports student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicant must have a PHD or EDD in Educational Leadership.
Full doctrinal compatibility with Liberty University.
- Degree must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Superior interpersonal, customer service, presentation, and communication skills required.
- Creative, innovative, and problem solving skills required.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to complete assignments timely and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Blackboard, and the Internet.
- Able to obtain and maintain licenses if applicable as required by state or accrediting commissions.
- Demonstrated strengths in teaching at the college level is essential.
- Applications for consideration will only be accepted via Liberty University’s online automated application process.
A PHD or EDD in Educational Leadership with an active State Issued teaching license.Work Hours:
Because this is an online position, the work hours will vary throughout the week.Posting Date:
12/03/2020Special Instructions for Applicants:
Please note that while unofficial transcripts are required during this stage of the application process, official transcripts for all conferred degrees (excluding Associate’s degrees) will be required should the department select you for an interview.
In the references section of the application, please submit the names of two professional references and one pastoral reference. Your pastoral reference must be from your current church pastor, or someone within a leadership position within your current church. The pastoral reference cannot be an immediate or extended family member.
If you have any questions regarding this posting, please contact the Faculty Hiring Office at [email protected]Quicklink: