Assistant Professor (Information Security & Applied Computing)
The School of Information Security & Applied Computing (SISAC) in the College of Engineering and Technology at Eastern Michigan University invites applications for a tenure-track position in Information Security beginning fall 2021. SISAC, as a designated Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance & Cyber Defense (IACD) Education by National Security Agency, offers undergraduate degree programs in IACD and Information Technology (IT), and a Master’s degree in Cyber Security as well as a doctoral degree in Technology with concentration in Cyber Security.
Teach undergraduate and graduate courses that fulfill the SISAC curriculum goals and objectives; develop and maintain curriculum; participate in services to support the mission of the school, the university, and the community. The candidate is expected to remain active in research and scholarly activities including developing externally funded research programs.
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between EMU and the EMU Chapter of the American Association of University Professors, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.Qualifications
• An earned Ph.D. in Information Security, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field, completed before employment and by August 16, 2021.
• The successful candidate must have effective communication skills and a desire to engage in excellent teaching with evidence, demonstrated ability, or potential to deliver high-quality instruction in Information Security, Information Technology, and Applied Computing disciplines.
• Demonstrated research potential in terms of attracting external funding, publications in scholarly journals and conferences, advising students when applicable at various levels along with the desire and vision to continue a strong research agenda.
Preference will be given to the candidate who has experience/interest in one or more of the following areas:
• Software Development and Security including Web-Server Development, Cryptography, Digital and Network Forensics;
• Embedded Systems Security including Cyber-Physical Systems Security, Hardware Oriented Security, and Deeply Embedded Hardware and PCB Security;
• Connected and Autonomous Vehicle Security including Decentralized Secure Architectures, i.e. Block-chain and AI based Techniques;
• Wireless, Mobile, Virtualization and Cloud Computing and Security;
• Internet of Things (IoT) Development and Security (i.e. Smart Power Grid, Smart Buildings, and Smart Health Systems);
• Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning;
• Data Science and Big Data Analytics.
This is an eight-month appointment position. EMU offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package.
Application materials should include 1) letter of application, 2) curriculum vitae, 3) statement of teaching interest, 4) statement of research interest, and 5) names and contact information of three professional references.
Review of the applications will begin on January 4, 2021, and continue until position is filled.
If contacted, you will be asked to present official transcripts of your highest degree earned at the time of interview.
Eastern Michigan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator that is strongly
committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity.