Enrollment Customer Srvc Rep
UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting Title:
Enrollment Customer Srvc RepDepartment:
UNT-Financial Aid-164860Job Location:
DentonFull Time/Part Time:
The Student Financial Aid & Scholarships (SFAS) department is committed to helping students achieve their educational goals by providing financial guidance and assistance within the guidelines of regulatory requirements. Through educational endeavors and student outreach, SFAS remains a vital contributor to UNT’s enrollment success.Position Overview:
This customer service position is responsible for advising students and families on a variety of student related topics (e.g. financial aid, registrar, student records, admissions, student accounting). Provides guidance on institutional policies and procedures that are derived from federal and state regulations. In a fast paced, collaborative environment this position communicates effectively orally and in writing to customers in person, via telephone, mail and through email. Partners with various internal and external stakeholders to meet the needs of their department.Minimum Qualifications:
Associate’s degree and one year of professional experience in customer or student services. Substitution of education for experience allowed. As a condition of hire and continued employment, must be in good standing on all federal student loans and must grant permission for the office to access the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) to verify such standing.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Skill in telephone etiquette and courteous communication with public, verbally and in writing.
• Skill in delivering outstanding customer service.
• Ability to problem-solve, multi-task and organize in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
• Ability to demonstrate patience when assisting customers with a variety of issues.
• Ability to understand and articulate institutional policies, procedures and federal, state regulations. Maintains up to date knowledge of same.
• Skill in the operation of a variety of office machines including personal computers, telephones and copiers.
• Skill in learning, utilizing and helping others use various computer applications.
• Skill in English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Skill in basic math.
• Basic MS Office skills.
- Experience in student services, student affairs, counseling, advising, or related experience.
- Financial aid experience.
- Demonstrated strong writing skills.
- Have documented presentation involvement.
- Proficient in the operation of personal computers and be able to learn new software programs rapidly.
- Able to engage and communicate enthusiastically to diverse populations in a positive, courteous, and professional manner.
Obtain clearance to NSLDS within 30 days of hire.Work Schedule:
8-5, M-F. Overtime as required.Driving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive positionEEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
Enrollment Customer Srvc RepPhysical Requirements:
Carrying, Kneeling, Lifting up to 25 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or Hearo:
Advises on inquiries regarding student related topics (e.g. financial aid, registrar, student records, admissions, student accounting) in a timely and effective manner. Routes more complex inquiries to appropriate person.o:
Communicates effectively with stakeholders including follow-up. Answers questions on institutional policies and procedures derived from federal and state guidelines and regulations.o:
Assists students with completion of required forms. (e.g. FAFSA, TAFSA, online forms, General Scholarship Application, college/scholarship applications, payment plan requests, etc.).o:
Actively participates in outreach initiatives that promote awareness of various student related topics and assists with preparing and conducting presentations.o:
Complies with all university policies, rules and regulations including attending work regularly and punctually.o:
Develops and maintains effective working relationships. Contributes to and supports a team effort.Posting Number:
S1324PQuicklink for Posting: