Campus Police Officer
Campus Police Officer
This position is a 12 month, part-time, hourly position that reports to the Director of Campus Police and Emergency Management. This position serves as a sworn officer for the Office of Campus Police and oversees the safety and security of the Marion Campus.
· Director of Campus Police and Emergency Management
· Associate Vice President & Dean of Students
· High School Diploma
· Indiana Law Enforcement Academy (ILEA)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Preventing crime through high visibility and aggressive patrolling
· Maintaining building security, including locking and unlocking facilities
· Investigating crimes reported to have occurred on or near campus property. Detain and arrest individuals suspected of criminal activity
· Preparing reports consistent with criminal acts, traffic accidents, traffic enforcement, or university policy violations
· Monitoring traffic violations on campus (moving and parking); issuing citations
· Responding to medical emergency situations and coordination with EMS and University partners
· Greeting students, visitors, faculty, and staff
· Escorting visitors and students
· Conduct foot and mobile patrols of campus property
According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.Experience:· Current employee for the Grant County Sheriff’s Department.· 2 years’ experience as a sworn police officer. · Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
Required Skills:· Possess strong customer service skills.· Problem solver who is able to perform tasks without direct supervision.· Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification.They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Indiana Wesleyan University is committed to equal opportunity in employment and maintaining a work environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination.Accordingly, the University affords equal opportunity to all employees and prospective employees without regard to race, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
These have access to all the rights, privileges, and programs generally made available to employees at the University.It does not discriminate in the administration of its policies, programs, nor during any phase of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, treatment during employment, rates of pay or other compensation, and termination of employment.
As an educational institution operating under The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University reserves and exercises its privileges under applicable law to prefer employees on the basis of religion and who are best suited to its religious purpose.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer