LABOR RELATIONS REPRESENTATIVE,HR Human Resources, Labor Relations
LABOR RELATIONS REPRESENTATIVE,HR Human Resources, Labor RelationsTracking Code1117 Job Description
Provide support and assistance to the Labor Relations unit, as well as to the HR Business Partners, HR Service Center, Administrative Units and the Schools and Colleges regarding collective bargaining agreements and labor relations issues. Collaborate with the HR Project Communications Specialist, as needed, on contract implementation matters.
- Triage early stage labor relations issues (e.g., contractual inquiries and union information requests) and support basic investigations involving unionized employees.
- Provide assistance and support on the development of labor management education programs and communications materials, including the provision of logistical support and coordination for unit
- Participate in the delivery of basic labor management education, and ensure that the Labor Relations page of the Human Resources website is kept current.
- Routinely obtain comparable industry market data for jobs; build spreadsheets (including costing spreadsheets to support labor negotiations), analyze data and prepare summary reports. Follow labor relations trends in Higher Education, and keep the Labor Relations unit advised of various changes.
- Provide support and guidance with respect to contract negotiations and other data collection.
- The successful candidate must have a BA/BS and two to five years of experience preferably in a university setting
- The ability to think critically, work collaboratively with others, as well as demonstrate high quality in written and oral communication skills is essential.
- Possess technical proficiency in Excel, SAP or other comparable systems, and ability to work in various databases. Demonstrate a high aptitude for careful review and interpretation of collective bargaining agreements and employment policies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular