Position SummaryThis is an applicant pool for adjunct instructors for Personal Enrichment - Adult and Senior Programs.
College of Southern Maryland conducts background checks in order to ensure the safety and well-being of the College's staff and students. The final candidate for this position will be subject to the following background checks: Criminal History Check, Fingerprinting, Child Protective Services, and Credit Check.
The College of Southern Maryland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Want to teach the subject you love to students who are eager to learn? CSM is looking for instructors to develop and teach courses for our Personal Enrichment Program at all 3 campus locations. These courses are continuing education (lifelong learning) and subject areas include, but are not limited to the following:
- Animal Interests
- Arts and Crafts (All mediums)
- Certified Fitness Instructors
- English as a Second Language
- History and Current Events
- Home and Garden
- Natural Health and Healing
- Personal Finance
- Recreational Activities
- Retirement Strategies
Paid instructor salaries begin at $20.00 per hour. The hourly rate is contingent on the complexity of the course being offered.
Minimum Education and Training
- At least an Associates degree or subject matter expertise with teaching experience.
- Experience working with seniors and/or adult population.
- Strong interpersonal skills and some curriculum development experience.