Adjunct Faculty - Performing Arts Applicant Pool
This is an applicant pool for part-time faculty in the Performing Arts in the Department of Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Education. The areas taught in the Performing Arts include:
- Dance Ensemble
- Ear Training/Sight Singing
- Instrumental Music Instruction
- Jazz Dance
- Music Appreciation
- Music Ensembles
- Music History
- Music Theory
- Stage Management
- Theater Appreciation
- Theater History
- Theater Makeup
- Theater Stagecraft
- Vocal Music Instruction
CSM is looking for a dynamic individual who can implement the comprehensive mission of a community college by assessing, documenting, and improving student learning through instruction.
NOTE: CSM accepts résumés for part-time temporary faculty for all areas at all times. There may or may not be a hiring need at this time in your area of interest. When applying for part-time faculty, you are submitting your résumé to an applicant pool. The Division Chair and Discipline Coordinator will access the applicant pool when there is a hiring need. You may follow up on your application by contacting the department directly at 301-934-7861.
These positions are located at the La Plata, Leonardtown and Prince Frederick campuses; Music Appreciation, Music History, Theater History courses located at the La Plata campus; Introduction to Theater, and Private Music Instruction courses may be taught at the Leonardtown or Prince Frederick campus.Specific Duties and ResponsibilitiesNOTE: CSM accepts resumes for part-time faculty for all areas at all times. There may or may not be a hiring need at this time in your area of interest. When applying for part-time faculty, you are submitting your resume to an applicant pool. Department Chairs access the applicant pool when there is a hiring need. You may follow up on your application by contacting the division directly at 301-934-7843. Minimum Education and Training
- Master's degree in the discipline of instruction OR Master's in any field AND 15 hours in the discipline OR Sufficient experience in lieu of either requirement, as approved by the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Teaching experience is preferred.
- This person should possess enthusiasm and passion for student learning and be able to respond to the needs of students using a variety of teaching methods including new technologies.
- Subject matter/content expertise in your field.