Applications/Database Developer III
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Director or designee, the Applications/Database Developer III functions in all phases of application development. This position is responsible for the analysis of user needs, software and database design, programming and life cycle development of all business and clinical applications. The Application/Database Developer III will assist in the evaluation and research of 3rd party software and conduct feasibility studies to determine appropriate solutions. Communicate well with the user through all phases of development and support. Perform duties in a manner consistent with a complex, diverse, dynamic hardware and software environment that serves a complex medical/education community.Responsibilities
- Assist in the design and modeling of front-end application and the RDMS back-end schema, including the assurance of appropriate technology controls (i.e. normalization, referential integrity, etc.)
- Work directly with the user and/or vendors to articulate and document user application needs.
- Participate in the development of functional specifications.
- Participate in the design, development, implementation, integration, production support, and continuous enhancement of applications to ensure reliable, integrated and stable information repositories.
- Provide end user training and support of developed applications.
- Assist in developing and maintaining proper technical and user documentation for each system in a consistent and structured manner.
- Ensure quality control through testing and debugging software for accuracy, completeness, and system integrity.
- Develop comprehensive project plans and proactively act upon work assignments.
- Interact effectively (verbally, written, etc.) with users, vendors and management to ensure delivery and use of application is consistent with agreed upon project goals.
- Continue development of skills and expertise in present and emerging technologies by participating in formal training when possible and by independent self-teaching and tutorials.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems Management, or equivalent experience
- 4 years experience in a business, educational, or clinical IS environment in the design, analysis, programming, testing and implementation of software applications.
- 4 years demonstrated progressive experience in using one or more of the following technologies:
- Oracle or Microsoft SQL databases
- ColdFusion, HTML
- BEA Weblogic
- Rational Reporting, Crystal Enterprise, Business Objects
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Operating System or script/shell programming appropriate to application area (UNIX or Windows NT)
- Computing in a distributed environment including connectivity, interface and file transfer issues.
- Demonstrated progressive work experience in project management and project planning.
- Solid interpersonal skills, with ability to work well with others in information technology expertise and comfort in varied organizational relationships.