Dir. of Athletics Performance/Head Strength & Conditioning Coach
Present Position Number:
FP780WRole Code Title:
Dir. of Athletics Performance/Head Strength & Conditioning CoachPosition Summary:
The incumbent will report to the Associate Athletics Director for High Performance and will work within a dynamic High Performance team developing athletic performance programs for the William & Mary Athletics program. Core responsibilities will include:
•Develop comprehensive athletic performance programs for collegiate student-athletes that address the specific demands (bioenergetic and biodynamic) of their sport.
•Collaborate with sport coaches and the High Performance team to optimize player health, wellness, development and performance.
•Develop and maintain databases for sport performance data.
•Operate dashboards for player and team monitoring
•Operate sports performance monitoring tools and analyze performance data
•Work closely with the sports medicine staff to optimize return to performance plans for injured athletes
•Participate in periodic evaluation and development of the high performance program in the context of upon agreed criteria including but not limited to injury statistics, on-court performance, physical preparation key performance indicators, coach and athlete feedback.
• Bachelor’s Degree as required by specific licensure
• Experience as a strength and conditioning coach in collegiate and/or professional sports
• Demonstrated ability to work within multi-disciplinary high performance team
• Demonstrated attention to detail and strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Master’s degree
• Experience as a director or head of strength and conditioning/athletics performance in collegiate or professional sport environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work within multi-disciplinary high performance team.
Up to $50,000 Commensurate with Experience.Department:
831200 Athletics Central AdministrationLocation:
William & MaryUniversity Salary Range:
U10Job Open Date:
12/01/2020Review Begin Date:
12/11/2020Open Until Filled:
Full Time ProfessionalPosition Term:
12 Month - RestrictedConditions of Employment::
• Must meet the physical requirements for the job, including the ability to participate in and lead strenuous physical activity.
• Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) or Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) accreditation
• CPR Certification or obtained within six months of employment.
• This position may require additional hours beyond the typical work week, to include overnight and weekend work as needed to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Restricted position subject to the availability of funding.
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.