LAB ANIMAL CARE TECH I
LAB ANIMAL CARE TECH IPosition Number:
University StaffJob Type:
Maywood-Health Sciences CampusDepartment Name:
COMPARATIVE MEDICINELocation Code:
COMPARATIVE MEDICINE (06121A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? :
NoDuties and Responsibilities:
Cleans and sanitizes facility areas including cages, racks, pens, animal rooms, storage and support areas per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
-Transports litter, feed, waste materials, equipment, supplies, etc. per SOPs to designated areas as required.
- Prepares animal caging units, water bottles, feed, etc. per SOPs.
- Assist in preparation and other maintenance duties connected with necropsy procedures.
- Uniforms laundering.
- Cleans laboratory/experimental areas according to SOPs.
- Monitors rooms for temperature, humidity and necessary light cycles per SOPs
High School Diploma or GED required. No previous experience required.Qualifications:
- Ability to receive and follow instructions.
- Ability to read and write.
American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT) certification preferred, but not required.Computer Skills:
NoRequired operation of university owned vehicles:
NoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? :
Lifting, Carrying, Standing, Climbing, Crawling/Kneeling, Repetitive MotionsWorking Conditions:
Heating, Ventilation, Odors, Noise, Animals, Infectious DiseasesOpen Date:
11/23/2020Quick Link for Posting: