Enrollment Navigator - Professional Services: No Benefits- Contingency
Job Title: Enrollment Navigator - Professional Services: No Benefits- Contingency
Location: GRCC Main Campus
Job ID: 1093
Org Marketing Statement
Date: November 24, 2020Title: Enrollment Navigator - Professional Services: No Benefits- Contingency Position Number: 1093Department: Enrollment CenterHours: 28 hours per week, flexible schedule (need to cover day time and evenings until 6pm) Compensation: $15.00 per hourReports to: Assistant Director of Enrollment Posting Close Date: December 7, 2020
For information on “Who are Professional Services, No-Benefit Employees?” please visit
The Enrollment Navigator supports aspects of student enrollment through phone calls, text messaging and click-to-chat in the Enrollment Center and Financial Aid Office Call Center. This role works with the Assistant Director of Enrollment to implement the annual recruitment plan in the Call Center and to answer inbound calls. The main focus of this position is to assistant all students with questions related to admissions, enrollment and financial aid through various forms of communication. This position delivers excellent customer service and personalized information to help students enroll at GRCC to meet their education and career objectives. Use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and related technologies is essential in tracking interest and inquiries, and delivering timely communication and information that results in successful enrollment for prospective students. Currently, this position works remotely and in the future will work on campus. Essential Job Functions
- Assistant all students with questions related to enrollment and financial aid through answering inbound calls, textmessaging, making outbound calls and click-to-chat.Provide communication follow up to student interest via phone calls, texting messaging, click-to-chat and emails.Have an understanding of the admissions, enrollment and financial aid policies and procedures as it relates to GRCC.Administer Customer Service Management software to recruit and communicate with prospects and applicants.Assist prospective students with the completion of admissions, financial aid, and enrollment requirements.Use professional judgment in addressing complex financial aid questions.Have an understanding of software and related technologies essential for enrollment management.Other duties as assigned
Marginal (Non-Essential) Job Functions
- Support general Enrollment Center functions, specifically during peak times.
- Ability to work from home and on campus.
Job Specifications Education:
Associate degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of one (1) year in sales, marketing, recruitment, or admissions experience required.
Must be able to lift and move 30 pounds of recruitment materials
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time
Organizational and problem solving skillsExcellent customer service and communication skills (oral and written) are required to be successful in this position
- Mostly office environment
METHOD OF APPLICATION:All interested applicants must visit our website at www.grcc.edu/jobs
to specifically apply for this position. Submit a cover letter and resume in one document. The posting will close December 7, 2020.
Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visa sponsorship is not available.Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The College will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University