SENIOR ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF GRADUATE ADMISSIONS #00077900
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 35053
Hiring Department Enrollment Management Application DeadlineOpen Until Filled Full Time/Part TimeFull Time, Benefit eligible SalaryCommensurate with education and experience. Job Description
Under the direction of the Director for Graduate and International Admissions, the position will manage the graduate recruiting team and manage domestic recruitment activities. The incumbent will be responsible for attracting highly qualified and diverse students to S&T. The Senior Assistant Director will develop and successfully execute a strategic enrollment management plan for master’s and doctoral recruitment that will support the strategic goals set forth for the division at S&T.
The incumbent will perform recruiting and admissions functions such as meeting with prospective students, attending graduate and professional education fairs, university visits, university partnerships, webinars, chat sessions and planning and organizing recruitment events leading to significant generation of inquiries at the top of the funnel. The position will create and execute a lead nurturing process that yields more applications and enrollments in the master’s and doctoral programs at S&T.
- Provide day-to-day oversight, hire and train graduate recruiters and student workers.
- Create recruitment/yield plans in accordance with the domestic goals set for the department.
- In collaboration with the director, create a successful recruitment plan needed to shape the student population, improve enrollment yields and selectivity to meet the division goals; work collaboratively with the department chairs to ensure the recruitment plan includes faculty engagement in recruitment and yield activities.
- Responsible for working closely with faculty on the recruitment plan for the Kummer I&E doctoral fellows program.
- Responsible for recruitment of S&T undergraduates into the 4+1 Grad Track program.
- Ensure effective coordination and successful execution of all internal and external events such as open houses, graduate fairs, virtual events, other recruiting events. Participate in events as scheduled in the recruitment plan ensuring increase in lead generation and applications and attracting talented students to S&T.
- In collaboration with the systems and operations team create a robust, targeted communication plan using multi-channel communication with the leads/inquiries and successfully execute it.
- Create and maintain reports for all recruiting initiatives that include tracking ROI.
- Collaborate with the systems and operations team to maintain statistics of student demographics, quality, feeder schools, geographic location, etc by utilizing available tools (Slate, PeopleSoft and others).
- Identify new recruitment opportunities in existing and new markets that include establishing university partnerships (MoU’s) with Universities within the United States to yield quality students to S&T.
- Work closely with the systems and operations team to ensure the integrity of the data captured in the CRM.
- Create effective remote recruitment/yield opportunities to engage/enroll students.
- Utilize social media to create effective campaigns, monitoring effectiveness of the campaigns.
- Liaise with the alumni office to leverage alumni for networking and recruiting events.
- Effectively use data to assess strategy and priorities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 5 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.Preferred Qualifications
An advanced degree is preferred. Three or more years of higher education experience in graduate recruitment/admissions with a focus on domestic recruitment including representing the university at graduate fairs, webinars to create recruitment opportunities.
Demonstrated successful experience in developing, evaluating, and improving recruitment, enrollment, and marketing strategies from a data-driven perspective, including the use of integrated marketing campaigns and social media to improve the recruitment and enrollment of domestic students.
Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including early morning, evening and weekends during peak times is necessary and expected. Willingness to travel domestically up to 20% of the year.
The individual must have excellent written and oral communication, outreach, public speaking/presentation and networking skills.
Ability to demonstrate cultural sensitivity and diplomacy.
Stellar managerial and leadership skills.
Candidates must demonstrate strong organizational skills; the ability to professionally interact and communicate with internal and external constituents, multitask, attention to detail and work to aggressive deadlines is of great importance.
Excellent project and time management skills.
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with leadership, faculty and staff.
Highly skilled in the use of MS Office Suite, CRM (preferably Slate), Student Information systems (Preferably PeopleSoft) are required; a motivated and enthusiastic work style.
The ability to professionally represent the University is of great importance.Comments
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim’s educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: