Student Assistant Office of Diversity and Inclusion
Student Employment Type:
Student AssistantPosition Title:
Student Assistant Office of Diversity and InclusionPosting Number:
CCGA Students OnlyNature of Work:
This is a 15½ hour per week maximum, part-time student position reporting to the Director of Diversity Initiatives. The weekly schedule will be assigned by the supervisor in conjunction with the student’s class schedule. The work schedule is subject to change between semesters or as needed. Students are not to work during scheduled class time, even if class is cancelled or dismissed early.
The position requires employees who are able to positively represent the Office of Diversity and Inclusion and the College to various internal and external constituents. As representatives of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, student assistants must have effective written and verbal communication skills and portray a professional demeanor at all times.
Student assistants must have a high level of integrity as they may come into contact with confidential information. Student assistants will provide direct administrative support to the Director of Diversity Initiatives.Essential Duties:
- Provide diversity and inclusion programming during the Fall and Spring semesters at CCGA
- Be positive, engaging, helpful, and informative
- Assist in the set-up of events, programs and meetings as needed.
- Support and attend Office of Diversity and Inclusion programs and events
- Provide administrative support to the Coordinator as requested (e.g. research, compiling notes, creating postings, copying, etc.)
- Create fliers and promotional materials for events/activities
- Coordinate volunteers for large events
- Maintain the storage room by keeping everything neat and in order
- Maintain office space by making sure office supplies are in place and in sufficient quantities
- Maintain high level of integrity when handling confidential information.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
- Must possess strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be dependable
- Must have knowledge of general office equipment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office program
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information:
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduOpen Date:
05/31/2021Open Until Filled: