Post-Doctoral Associate CAENS/Cooperative Extension
Posting Date: November 30, 2020 Posting End Date: April 5, 2021
Position: Research Associate- Small Ruminants Location: CAENS/Cooperative Extension
Status: Full Time; Exempt
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University seeking “Excellence in Every Way,” the ideal Post-Doctoral Associate will possess the willingness to use his or her expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare a detailed plan of operation of the ‘Integrative Approach for Managing Diseases and Parasites in Small Ruminants in the Southeast’ project activities and implement accordingly
- Design and conduct grazing studies
- Monitor and guide graduate and undergraduate students
- Collect and analyze research and extension data, and prepare manuscripts for journals and extension publications, such as fact sheets, research highlights, bulletins, and tech notes
- Coordinate day-to-day research and extension activities of the project: planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation
- Plan, advertise, and organize training sessions, workshops, and field days
- Collect and compile daily accomplishments and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual progress reports
- Perform quarterly, annual, and final impact assessments/evaluations of the project in a timely manner
- Prepare a comprehensive final report of the project
- Participate in relevant meetings, seminars, and conferences, and present the project results and outcomes as necessary
- Perform other relevant assignments as directed by the supervisor
- Ph.D. or MS (with experience) in Animal Science, Agricultural Sciences with a major concentration on grazing animals, or closely related fields, focusing on the health and sustainable production of small ruminants in grazing/browsing situations, including pastures, silvopastures, and/or woodlands.
- Skills in handling small ruminants and collecting and analyzing samples (fecal, blood).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little supervision and a good team player.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop research and Extension publications, and progress reports.
- Experience in designing and conducting grazing studies.
- Knowledge and experience in the sustainable management of grazing lands.
- Ability to travel independently to various counties of Alabama.
- Skills in using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher) and data analysis packages (Excel, R, SAS/SPSS).
- Experience in organizing training, seminars, workshops, meetings, and field days.
- Ability to conduct an impact assessment and prepare progress reports.
Commensurate with education, training and experience **Salary contingent upon outside funding.
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.