Postdoctoral Fellow, Section of EndocrinologyLocation:
New Orleans, LAOpen Date:
Nov 5, 2020Description:
The Wu laboratory, located at Tulane University School of Medicine. Dr Wu is looking for excellent experimental skills to join her group to explore novel therapeutic strategies for diabetes. The positions require knowledge and hands-on experience in molecular, cellular and biochemical assays. Experience with animal models is highly desirable. The candidates are expected work independently and collaboratively.
Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree who play a major role in enabling research programs through collaborative and collegial interactions with faculty, postdoctoral fellows, graduate students and staff. may apply his/her effort entirely to research, or a combination of research, training, and lab managerial activities. Qualifications:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Terminal Degree (Ph.D./M.D./D.V.M.,etc.): Ph.D degree or equivalent.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOBSUCCESSFULLY:
- Technical skills and competencies to conduct rigorous and ethical research in a wide range of classical techniques of cell biology, molecular biology, and biochemistry.
- Experience in the use of rodent models in research
- Ability to easily learn and improve new research techniques
- Ability to meticulously record research data on a laboratory notebook and maintain a computer database
- Good oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a positive, contributing member of a team
- Ability to utilize various standardized word processing, spreadsheet preparation, and research presentation software.