Postdoctoral Fellow, Section of Endocrinology
- Tulane University
- New Orleans, LA
- Faculty Jobs
- Health & Medical, Medicine
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
New Orleans, LA
Nov 6, 2020
The Wu laboratory, located at Tulane University School of Medicine. Dr Wu is looking for excellent experimental skills to join her group to explore novel therapeutic strategies for diabetes. The positions require knowledge and hands-on experience in molecular, cellular and biochemical assays. Experience with animal models is highly desirable. The candidates are expected work independently and collaboratively.
Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree who play a major role in enabling research programs through collaborative and collegial interactions with faculty, postdoctoral fellows, graduate students and staff. may apply his/her effort entirely to research, or a combination of research, training, and lab managerial activities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Terminal Degree (Ph.D./M.D./D.V.M.,etc.): Ph.D degree or equivalent.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOBSUCCESSFULLY:
- Technical skills and competencies to conduct rigorous and ethical research in a wide range of classical techniques of cell biology, molecular biology, and biochemistry.
- Experience in the use of rodent models in research
- Ability to easily learn and improve new research techniques
- Ability to meticulously record research data on a laboratory notebook and maintain a computer database
- Good oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a positive, contributing member of a team
- Ability to utilize various standardized word processing, spreadsheet preparation, and research presentation software.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Please Note: Tulane University has officially adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees and visiting faculty must be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination or obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to beginning employment.
Tulane University is located in New Orleans - a city with tremendous history of diverse cultures, community, and languages. Tulane is actively building a campus culture grounded in our values of EDI and anti-racism. We seek and welcome candidate applications from historically underrepresented groups, such as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color), women, LGBTQ+, and those living with disabilities as well as veterans.
Tulane University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution committed to excellence through diversity. Tulane University will not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other status or classification protected by federal, state, or local law. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert