Temp ASPIRE internship Program Assistant
TemporaryEssential Job Duties:
The Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS) is seeking a highly-motivated student to support the summer internship program, Agroecology Scholars Program in Research and Extension (ASPIRE) for Diversity.
This position will support the internship with general program planning, logistics, and some coordination during the program.
Specific Duties will include:
- Plan and organize program advertisement and recruitment
- Oversee application review process
- Coordinate with Dr. Cruz for the internship evaluation
- Helping make sure program adheres to timelines and budget
- Support timely and accurate communications across the team, while supporting project team culture
- Communicating with a wide range of stakeholders and the general public about the internship
- Some communications support for advertising and recruiting
- Coordinate general administrative duties
- Event planning assistance and logistics for events related to the internship
- Management and reconciliation of credit cards
- Processing financial paperwork, including paying invoices through the NCSU invoice payment system, Service Now.
- Management of state travel paperwork for individuals, large conferences, and events
- Constant follow up to ensure paperwork has been processed by the state
- Simple yet crucial AV set up for events, including maintenance and recommendations of replacement schedule of AV equipment
- Data entry and other duties as assigned
Superior organization and time management skills are necessary. Attention to detail, excellent follow-through, ability to think on your feet, and communicate effectively are vital to success in this position. Candidate must be able to hit the ground running, and be ready to jump into a busy team. Only candidates with an exceptional work ethic will be considered. www.cefs.ncsu.edu for more information on CEFS.
Some nights, early mornings and weekend work will be required during the summer and actual internship (May 24 – June 30). Some overnight travel will be required for events, once the university approves event travel again. Most events are scheduled ahead of time. With exception to certain event blackout dates, schedule is somewhat flexible. Due to the pandemic, we are currently working remotely, but this position may return to the office on campus when NC State University decides it is safe to do so.
NoJob City & State:
Temporary Office/ClericalWorking Title:
Temp ASPIRE internship Program AssistantWork Schedule:
10-20/hrs per weekOther Work/Responsibilities:
-High School Diploma or equivalent
-Must be currently enrolled in post-secondary education (community college, 4-year college or University, and graduate degree) at NC State University
-Applicants must be flexible and open to working with a diverse group of students, mentors, producers, CEFS staff, university/college faculty, Extension Agents and other organizations
-self motivated to accomplish job responsibilities remotely
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
-Excellent follow-up skills, time management and computer and database management skills
-Must have an interest in sustainable agriculture
-Must be able to lift 25 pounds and stand or sit for extended periods of time
-Preference will be given to those majoring in Agroecology, Agricultural Education and Extension, or Business Administration.
-A background in food systems and/or agriculture
-Valid Driver’s LicenseValid NC Driver's License required?:
YesCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
$15/hrJob Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.