Management Information Systems, Full-Time, Tenure-Track, Assistant Professor (2 positions) (20161)
Job DetailsJob Location Main Campus - Edmond, OKPosition Type FacultyDescription
Teaches, advises and mentors students, evaluates student performance, and maintains department and student records in accordance with university policies. Adheres to the educational philosophy of the university. Works in a collaborative manner with colleagues and professional peers. Participates in university meetings that relate specifically to faculty. Serves on department, college, and university committees as requested. Prepares departmental reports as requested. Engages in teaching, service, and scholarly and/or creative activities as defined by the tenure and promotion policy in the UCO Employee and Faculty Handbook.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:The successful candidate should be devoted to teaching excellence at the graduate and undergraduate level, committed to high-quality scholarly research, and interested in pursuing community involvement. This position will require on-going scholarship sufficient to achieve and maintain AACSB "Scholarly Academic" status. Responsibilities
- Teaching graduate and/or undergraduate courses and fulfilling the responsibilities associated with those courses
- Maintaining a program of research leading to publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Providing suitable service to the department, university, profession, and/or community.
Teaching, research, departmental/school and university service is expected. An earned doctorate degree awarded by a regionally accredited or internationally recognized institution in the field specified in the position announcement (exceptions require Academic Affairs approval). **NOTE** If the doctorate is not obtained and submitted by the time of employment, the position rank will change to TT-Instructor.
Experience Preferred:Minimum Requirements
- PhD in Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field
- Must meet all work authorization requirements as established by U.S. and Oklahoma law
- PhD degree in Information Systems or closely related field from AACSB or ABET accredited school
- Core/technical skills in system analysis & design, programming, database, networking, security
- Ability to teach analytics both undergraduate and MSBA
- Publication in PRJ in past 5 years
- Research on business analytics/AI/big data
- Leadership experience/potential
Excellence in teaching and demonstrated potential to publish high quality scholarly research. Previous teaching experience in higher education environment at level of teaching assistant or higher is required. Candidate must provide evidence of teaching effectiveness/excellence. Expertise in Leadership. Oral and written communication skills. Willingness to teach in a variety of instructional modalities (face-to-face, hybrid, and online) as needed.
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.