Finance Information Systems and Applications Administrator - Essential
Finance Information Systems and Applications Administrator - Essential
About Mills College:
Located in Oakland, California, in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area, Mills College is a liberal arts college for women and gender non-binary students, with graduate programs for all genders. Consistently ranked one of the top master's universities and one of the best value colleges in the West by U.S. News & World Report, Mills also has been named one of the Best Colleges in the nation by The Princeton Review. The Mills experience is distinguished by small, interactive classes, one-on-one attention from exceptional faculty, a culture of creative experimentation, and cutting-edge interdisciplinary learning opportunities which empower students to make a statement in their careers and communities. As one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, we have a strong record of academic success with first-generation students, students of color, Latinx students, LGBTQ students, and other underrepresented students. Mills College has recently become a Hispanic Serving Institution. Applicants with expertise and experience in supporting and promoting success for Latina/o students are encouraged to apply.
Mills College encourages diversity in hiring and particularly welcomes applications and nominations from women, gender non-binary individuals, and minorities. Mills College seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to equity, inclusion, and social justice and our desire to maintain the excellence of our faculty. In so doing, we offer our students not only the opportunity to learn about varied disciplines but to engage with diverse perspectives and ways of knowing and learning. For more information, please visit www.mills.edu.
Reports To: Associate Vice President for Finance and Assistant Treasurer
Summary of Position:
The Finance Information Systems Administrator evaluates, analyzes, designs and maintains the college's Finance Information System (currently Banner, an Ellucian ERP), as well as any other computer application systems and products used to support financial functions or distributed financial systems. This position is involved in cross-functional user support and training and serves as a technical liaison between the Vice President of Finance, Administration and Treasury Office and main campus Information Technology Services (ITS), and other departments on campus for maintenance, troubleshooting, training, and system upgrades.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides daily technical and user support (including training) for the ERP's Finance module and all related sub-modules, including, but not limited to, Procurement, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Research Accounting, Budget Development, and General Ledger.
- Understands the functionality of Human Resources module and its integration with Finance. Assists in the testing and documentation of procedures for position control (salary budgeting). Assists in the reconciliation of the payroll postings to the General Ledger as needed.
- Gathers business requirements and creates documentation of system configuration and procedures for updating configuration.
- Analyzes current practices and procedures to improve quality and efficiency. Works with various finance functional areas and other campus departments to understand, document and design technical solutions to improve business efficiency and productivity. Leads work efforts to examine existing process models and flow of data to define problem areas and make suggestions for improvement. Provides leaderships in activities associated with existing and new applications and the associated business processes.
- Assists in providing information and training to Finance and Administration staff on system design, utilization, upgrades, possible process improvements and resolving system problems.
- Provides support to departments by maintaining and enhancing systems through collaborating with ITS Department as needed.
- Conducts or assists in periodic training sessions for financial managers, administrative assistants and other users of the system.
- Acts as primary contact and liaison between all areas of Finance and Administration and ITS to ensure that system enhancements and upgrades run smoothly. Represents Finance and Administration, as directed, for all IT system revisions and integration, including monitoring Banner patches specific to the Finance module. Monitors and communicates process or system changes to impacted parties and process owners.
- Coordinates testing Finance modules, and any related systems, during implementation, upgrades and system enhancements. Provides definition of test plans and validation points and works with staff to confirm accuracy and sufficiency of such plans.
- Works with ITS Department to manage functional roles granted in the Banner Finance module and ensures information security policies are adhered to and enforced and product usage guidelines are followed.
- Assist with the development of Administrative Services Team web content and serve as a liaison to Web Services staff.
- Cross train with Human Resources Information Systems Administrator in order to provide coordinated support and back-up.
- Provide support with all systems used by the Administrative Services Team (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Access database, service provider web page interfaces, including the Travel & Expense module (currently Concur Travel & Expense), the Payment Processing software (currently CASHNet), Argos, IDashboard.
- Participate in Banner Project team(s) or task forces as required as well as internal and external user groups and list serves. Represents interests of Finance Operations staff in these activities.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides key support in annual operating budget preparation, including preparation of worksheets, uploading budget and troubleshooting as needed.
- Supports Finance year-end procedures and assists where needed with audit preparation.
- Delivers ancillary audit documents and documentation for audit as requested.
- Creates requested reports and assists Finance staff in doing so; works closely with report requestor to communicate and understand report requirements, completion dates, and priorities; assists in the development of business requirements, functional requirements, and technical specifications as needed; identifies obsolete reports that may no longer be used.
- Works with reporting tools; upgrades existing reports when a new version of the product is implemented.
- Develop, maintain and produce reports and views needed to assist in managerial accounting and budget reporting.
- Creates and run queries to regularly audit financial data in Banner Finance modules for accuracy. Furnishes information and interprets and explains policies and procedures pertaining to financial information system.
- Designs functional flow and oversees procedures to automate daily communication and tracking to ensure efficient means of data collection and maintenance.
- Leads evaluation of new applications and reporting tools, and provides training and guidance in their utilization.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of SQL and an ability to develop specialized reports. Able to read and understand PL/SQL scripts as well as other computer code to assist in troubleshooting system issues.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience in working with a relational database management system.
- Working knowledge of accounting and finance.
- Experience with and understanding of budgeting process.
- Experience with audits, particularly financial and sales & use tax audits.
- History of providing exceptional customer service and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge working in a functional/technical capacity with a good understanding of business processes, relational databases and table structures in an ERP.
- Experience using computer applications to analyze complex enterprise data, especially using SQL
- Strong understanding of eCommerce systems, particularly as related to payment processing and web-based user interfaces.
- Solid experience working with APIs (Application Programming Interface) with an ERP to facilitate importing and exporting data for use with external systems.
- Experience in defining and analyzing business requirements, process modeling, functional systems design or configuration and systems testing.
- Preference given for prior work experience with Ellucian Banner ERP and prior work experience in a college setting
- Demonstrates problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills
- Knowledge and experience with PCI compliance
- Substantial knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Access
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaborative work style, self-motivation, and tolerance for shifting priorities
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, computer science, or related field; may be substituted by sufficient years' experience in essential job duties.
- Three to five years of experience in financial system support and maintenance.
- Education and training in computer information systems preferred.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Demands:
- The incumbent will often spend long hours on the computer pulling, reviewing and managing data, as well as configuring, testing and assisting users in these tasks. Incumbent must also have the ability to comfortably address groups of people for training or testing sessions.
- Tolerance of interruptions and shifting priorities required.
This position description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Additional duties may be assigned based on business operational needs.
This is a full-time, exempt position with an FTE of 1.0. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life/LTD insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with college-matching after 6 month qualifying period, 10 days of vacation for year one, 15 days of vacation for years 2-10, and 22 days of vacation years 10+ plus, 12 sick days and 17 paid holidays (subject to annual review). Staff members also receive free admission to campus events, use of the pool, fitness center, and tennis courts. Tuition remission is also available after an introductory period. Voluntary benefits include: pet insurance, long-term care insurance, legal-assistance insurance, cellular provider discounts and computer hardware discounts.
Mills College does not permit discrimination based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity. For more information on Mills' non-discrimination policy, please go to https://www.mills.edu/policies/ada-policies/nondiscrimination-statement.php.
All positions are subject to a background check. Prior to the first date of employment, an applicant's background check must be cleared.
Click the "Apply Now" button below and follow instructions to submit the following documents:
- Employee Application
- Cover Letter and
- Contact Information for 3 References
Please note that you can only upload 6 "Other" documents. You can consolidate multiple pages/documents into one file upload. The file size limit for each upload is 10Mb.
Review of applicants will begin immediately; applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, visit https://mills.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=126679&CNTRNO=0&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency