GRANTS ADMINISTRATION SERVICES MANAGER
GRANTS ADMINISTRATION SERVICES MANAGER
Posting Number: SRGV4773
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Rio Grande Valley
Department: College of Sciences
Scope of Job:
Directs and oversees the day to day post-award operations, compliance with funding agencies' policies, and sub-award management within a large and complex unit/operational area to ensure timely, effective and efficient functioning of sponsored funding administration with minimal supervision and extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Description of Duties:
• Oversees day-to-day post award operations, compliance with funding agencies’ policies, and sub-award management for the assigned area of significant responsibility.
• Responsible for processing all grant- and contract-related business transactions and providing various financial, analytical, and functional support for grant-related matters to include account reconciliations.
• Provides broad, in-depth professional administrative level guidance on protocols, regulations and guidelines to PI’s, faculty and staff within the assigned area.
• Manages, evaluates and develops operating policies and procedures for post-award grants and contracts management within a large and complex unit/operational area.
• Oversees the completion, accuracy and timeliness of a variety of complex, business transactions to include a combination of accounting (posting/reconciling), budget development and monitoring, personnel and payroll transactions, purchasing and inventory, records management and other related area, all within the scope of grants and contracts budgets.
• Interprets and applies procedures and regulations to the administration of government and private research grants, contracts, and gifts.
• Provides support and guidance for complex grant proposal budget development and grant related procedure training to faculty and staff.
• Provides guidance regarding various business transactions such as: grants accounting, purchasing and procurement, travel, accounts payable, absence management, appointments and payroll related transactions.
• Ensures compliance with all appropriate Universities Grants and Contract and Sponsored Programs policies and practices; local, state, federal, agency and sponsor rules, regulations and requirements regarding grant and/or contract administration and recommends changes to improve programs, policy and/or practice.
• Establishes internal system of controls for business process management systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems; establishes business process management methods for capturing, defining, analyzing, and streamlining business processes for better delivery of administrative services, data flows, approvals, feedback loops, internal controls, and process execution.
• Ensures documentation and accuracy of business processes, controls that are effective, efficient and protect data integrity. Coordinates with appropriate functional leads to implement processes which improve data integration and processes improvements across all functional areas.
• Participates in the implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures related to business process management regarding resource allocation, human resources modeling, and coordination of people and resources; communicates and coordinates policies, practices, and procedures with department chairs/managers, vendors, reporting agencies, clients, and other customers.
• Prepares and reviews a variety of statements and reports for trends, analyses, and other studies.
• Determines informational needs, to collect and analyze information, and to devise and develop statistical analyses and reports.
• Identifies and resolves grant and contracts related issues, concerns, discrepancies, problems and inconsistencies, determining appropriate corrective procedures within the organizational unit.
• Serves as liaison between the unit and the UTRGV Research Office and Grants and Contract department.
• Maintains a high degree of confidentiality and ensures safety of all confidential and sensitive information this position is privy to.
• Manages time effectively, juggling multiple priorities, to consistently execute high quality deliverables.
• Complies with all federal, state, and local laws and University of Texas System, Regental and UTRGV policies.
• Plans, assigns, and supervises the work of others.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in from an accredited university.
MBA or a closely related degree from an accredited University.
Four (4) years of related experience working with federal or private funding agencies on grants, sponsored programs, contracts, or other agreements.
Knowledge of federal grant proposal and award policies and regulations. Experience obtained within an academic or higher education setting.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley. Work is performed primarily in a general office environment across the Rio Grande Valley.
- Position can be located in Edinburg, TX or Brownsville, TX.
Demonstrates creative and conceptual thinking skills, as well as strong analytical/problem-solving abilities.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 11/25/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/26583
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency