Director, Military/Veterans Affairs Office
Title: Director, Military/Veterans Affairs Office
Job no: 492599
Salary: $58,820 - $74,996
Job Summary: This position is s the primary resource for the development, implementation, and management of all policies related to the enrollment and matriculation of all military veterans, active duty, and dependents attending HACC and provides strategic and achievement-oriented programming to support military connected students. The incumbent initiates, produces, and assesses best practice programs/services for military members, veterans, and family members college wide.
This position will be remote through May 2021. The position will report to the Harrisburg campus upon return to our physical campus space. This is subject to change.
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years experience.*
*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Such as those listed above
Licensing Requirements: Valid Driver's License
Hiring Range: $58,820 - $74,996
Preferred Qualifications: 3-5 years supervisory experience
Job Specific Task List:
1. Implement and manage strategies, marketing, and follow up of assigned programs to recruit and support military and veteran student populations; ensures proper communication, staffing, and compliance with policies and procedures college wide; travel to campus locations to provide oversight, continuity, presence, and support in areas of responsibility.
2. Develop, maintain, and update departmental procedures and policies for compliance, operations, and staff activities; maintain confidential files and paperwork related to financial aid, enrollment, applications, and other student information.
3. Create a climate of engagement for students to that supports persistence, retention and graduation.
4. Recruit, hire, train, supervise, and evaluate performance of department staff to include: prioritizing and assigning work; ensuring staff are trained; ensuring employees follow policies and procedures; making termination and disciplinary recommendations.
5. Maintain tracking systems and prepare reports to assist with evaluation and review of various programs; monitor and track budget and department information such as maintaining balances, approving expenditures and disbursements, researching discrepancies, and preparing related financial reports.
6. Coordinate with other departments and external agencies to ensure consistent application of policies and procedures and provide support as needed; conduct outreach activities to former active duty members, eligible dependents, and current members of the Selected Reserves and the National Guard.
7. Responsible for the processing of veterans, eligible dependents, Selected Reservists, National Guard members, and active duty member's veterans education benefit claims to the appropriate Federal and state agencies; manage the Pennsylvania National Guard Education Assistance Program; maintain compliance with all Federal and state regulations regarding certification for all forms of veterans education benefits; acts as the Certifying Official for the college in accordance with Department of Veterans Affairs regulations. - (Essential)
8. Perform other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
Advertised: Nov 23, 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Jan 03, 2021 Eastern Standard Time
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.